Thread: Gordon is OK

AAA ERA

Yankees Gordon is OK

After coming out early on Thurs Night he had an MRI which revealed mild tendonitis and he is ok to pitch. The article below is from the Post:

GORDON CAN GO

By MICHAEL MORRISSEY and EVAN GROSSMAN

July 9, 2005 --

An MRI exam on reliever Tom Gordon's right shoulder yesterday revealed mild tendinitis, which wasn't enough to dampen the Yankees' setup man's enthusiasm.

"I feel good, and I am available," Gordon said through a spokesman before the Yankees beat the Indians 5-4 last night at the Stadium.

Gordon's gung-ho statement aside, manager Joe Torre didn't want to use him last night. The manager maintained, however, that Gordon could pitch this weekend.

Gordon felt shoulder stiffness all day Thursday and couldn't get loose. After he whiffed Ronnie Belliard during the eighth inning of Thursday's game, he shook his arm and was removed.

"I still feel like I have a little tightness," Gordon said after last night's game. "Thank God nothing was structurally wrong. I didn't feel like there was."

Gordon received treatment on the shoulder before the game.

"He doesn't seem to be overly worried about it," Torre said. "Hopefully that's the way it's supposed to be."

If there is any recurrence of stiffness, Gordon will not pitch this weekend.

"We're certainly not going to take any chances and throw him out there just on the assumption he's OK," Torre said. "We have to make sure he feels good and that whatever stiffness was in there is no longer there."

I love the All Star break for the rest that some key guys can get.