Thread: Yanks, Wang Win Again 5-4 Over Cleveland

AAA ERA

Yankees Yanks, Wang Win Again 5-4 Over Cleveland

The Sox won but in the process we moved past Baltimore for sole possession of 2nd place. Today is a tough one w/ OT day as we rarely win on OT day but it would be nice to keep this roll through the break.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=250708110

Good win. We need a LOT of wins like this to even consider contending.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

By the way, I hate John Sterling and his stupid "Theeeee Yankees win."
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

...To each their own, I like the specific Yankee stuff like Sterling among other things.

It will be tough today as we start May. Anyone have anything on this kid?

It is nice to be 2nd finally but I am rooting for the O's get one today from the BoSox.

Nice, hopefully he gives us 5-6 innings and doesn't allow 8 runs or more.

BRONX, New York (Ticker) -- Darrell May hopes to keep the New York Yankees rolling when he makes his debut for the club Saturday against the Cleveland Indians.

May (NR), who is taking the place of injured Carl Pavano in the rotation, was acquired along with Tim Redding from San Diego for Paul Quantrill last Saturday.

May, who was 1-3 with a 5.61 ERA with the Padres, is 4-3 with a 4.64 ERA in 18 career appearances - 11 starts - against Cleveland.

Winners of six straight and eight of their last 10, the Yankees have moved within 3 1/2 games of first-place Boston in the American League East Division.

After winning nine of their previous 11 contests, the Indians have lost four in a row. They will counter with Scott Elarton (5-3, 4.79), who allowed three runs in his first complete game of the season Monday against Detroit.

The 6-8 righthander is 5-1 is 3.32 ERA in in his last nine starts.

New York has won the first two of the four-game series with Cleveland, including Friday's 5-4 win.