Thread: Another nice win 13-8 over the Orioles

Another nice win 13-8 over the Orioles

I am very optimistic believe it or not.

We finally win a low scoring game yesterday 1-0 and then win today with starting a bullpne guy.

I was a little taken back when we lost our 6-0 lead but very happy with the 7 run 8th. Another 1-2-3 9th by the Sandman.

We gain a game on the Orioles and move within 1.5 games of 2nd place. We may even be 4 games out depending on the outcome of the Texas-Boston game but at worst we are 5 games out. It is important for us to pick it up as a series with Cleveland is coming up and it seems to me that they are playing some good ball right now. Winning will take care of itself if we can continue it.

We have a super-tough schedule for the next month and a half.

It goes:

CLE
    @BOS
    @TEX
    @LAA
    MIN
    LAA
    @CLE
    @TOR
    CWS
    TEX

Finally... on August 15th, we play a team that has a record below .500... but that team is the Devil Rays so that isn't really a good thing...

Great point. I believe this will make or break us if we will make the playoffs or not. Winning takes care of itself. If we can be successful, then we will cruise into 1st Place but if we play terrible baseball, we will sink ourselves.

I like the youth movement. I hope this latest shakeup works.

AAA ERA
    It's amazing, as brutal as we have been this first half we are just 1 game back in the L column of 2nd and 4 back of 1st.

I am advocating a trade Ben Sheets ASAP
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

While we're at it, lets get Pujols and Andruw as well.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    While we're at it, lets get Pujols and Andruw as well.
    I know this post was made in jest, but seriously i would take a team of Robinson Cano's, (younger players), with a good pitching staff over just throwing money at every player that puts up big numbers. I am only suggesting that we go after younger pitching with an upside.
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth