Thread: As the catchers turn!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

American League As the catchers turn!

For the record, having exchanged blurbs with a yankee fan recently, Burnett's stats are skewed from having been slaughtered by the Nation. I mean. Posada still can't field. And Molina can't hit.

With these powers combined.. Captain Planet..he's our hero...

Yankees right-hander A.J. Burnett insists he had nothing to do with Jose Molina starting at catcher in his Game 2 start Friday against the Twins.

That decision did not please regular starting catcher Jorge Posada, who on Tuesday said: "I just hope we win that game. That's all I've got to say."
    And Posada's tone and demeanor made it clear he was not happy

A.J. Burnett of New York Yankees: Decision to start Jose Molina instead of Jorge Posada not my call - ESPN
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Re: As the catchers turn!

Posada needs to get over himself. He's not exactly Albert Pujols behind the plate, so starting Molina for Burnett is not a bad call.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Posada's 2 PBs are the biggest reason he should not be starting in big games. Fortunately, they only cost the Yankees 1 run.
    Defensively, Posada is a liability. Molina is an excellent defensive catcher with a great arm. The Yankees lineup can hide him easily.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

KOZ -- are you saying that Captain Planet can't field or hit? He sounds like a perfect catcher for the Cubs.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon