Thread: Burnett suspended 6 games

MLB ERA

Yankees Burnett suspended 6 games

What the **** MLB?!?!?! I guess it's ok to plunk a guy twice, but to ALMOST hit someone is suspendable. How does Padilla not get even a fine? I understand he's been cut, but he can still be fined and/or suspended. This absolutely infuriates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Re: Burnett suspended 6 games

Didn't see it. Were either of Padilla's HBP's obviously intentional? Was either by Tex's head? That could explain at least part of it.

PS: Padilla was fined...

AAA ERA

It's beyond ridiculous, I know he'll appeal and get it reduced and essentially not miss a start but how does he get the same games as Beckett when beckett intentionally threw at a guys head when he stepped out of the box. Burnett's pitch wasn't even close, it was high but it had no chance of hitting him.

MLB ERA

Here is a rule to go by: When you are retaliating against another team for hitting one of your guys, or you just want to send a message to back away from the plate, keep the ball below the shoulders. Hitters don't like being hit, but they understand that pitching inside is part of the game. If they get hit in the arm, leg, ribs or butt, it isn't going to be a "life-threatening" injury. Getting hit in the head can be.
    When a guy faced Drysdale or Gibson, they knew that they had to stay loose in the box. If they got too comfortable, the next pitch would cause them to move.
    I think 6 games is a bit much, but Burnett knows the code of conduct among players and may have violated it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Here's a concept, let them police themselves.

Burnett pitch wasn't close but it was a little high and tight lol.

Padilla should have been suspended via the same way Lackey got suspended (Im not sure if he did for his 2 pitch start.)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Here's a concept, let them police themselves.

Burnett pitch wasn't close but it was a little high and tight lol.

Padilla should have been suspended via the same way Lackey got suspended (Im not sure if he did for his 2 pitch start.)
    I agree with this. Players will take care of discipline themselves. If nothing is done, the team looks weak (as in the case of Clemens getting "thrown-at" in Shea). If you want to send a message, send it, but keep the pitches below the shoulders.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree with this. Players will take care of discipline themselves. If nothing is done, the team looks weak (as in the case of Clemens getting "thrown-at" in Shea). If you want to send a message, send it, but keep the pitches below the shoulders.
    To be fair, did you really expect SHAWN ESTES to have the control to hit Clemens?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    To be fair, did you really expect SHAWN ESTES to have the control to hit Clemens?
    If you asked Estes to throw a high strike he would.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Here is a rule to go by: When you are retaliating against another team for hitting one of your guys, or you just want to send a message to back away from the plate, keep the ball below the shoulders. Hitters don't like being hit, but they understand that pitching inside is part of the game. If they get hit in the arm, leg, ribs or butt, it isn't going to be a "life-threatening" injury. Getting hit in the head can be.
    When a guy faced Drysdale or Gibson, they knew that they had to stay loose in the box. If they got too comfortable, the next pitch would cause them to move.
    I think 6 games is a bit much, but Burnett knows the code of conduct among players and may have violated it.
    6 games = 1 start for SPs.

MLB ERA

Vincente Padilla is known for hitting players with pitchers on purpose. He leads the league in HBP over the last few years. Teixeira even said it after the game. He said "it's the way he plays the game. It's wrong, but it's the way he does it." It's clear he wanted to hit Tex twice. Maybe because he felt like Tex betrayed Texas for more money? Who the hell knows. But it was intentional. Teixeira knew it, the Yankees knew it, and the fans knew it. However, MLB refuses to act on it further than a freakin fine.

AAA ERA

tonight's game has been postponed.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Padilla wasn't cut either.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

I heard he was. Guess that report was wrong

MLB ERA

Absolute shenanigans. I guess next time Burnett should just ****ing drill him, this way he'll just get fined and won't miss any games.

AAA ERA

I wish he was suspended last night. It's just amazing how before he was a Yankee against better Sox lineups he dominated the Sox and now he's so bad against them he gives up HRs to Ortiz.