Thread: Thoughts on this homestand?

Yankees Thoughts on this homestand?

What I learned from the Yankees homestand.

The game isn't over until it's over, 4 walk off wins, 2 by Melky, 2 on A-rod and Damon HRs.

The last homestand, Tex couldn't wait to hit the road against baltimore, as he was met with a chorus of boos, as we were swept by the Red Sox and Rays. This homestand, the boos turned to cheers in a hurry, he played a big part of those 8 wins, we dispatched the Twins and O's, and didn't go down without a fight against the Phillies.

Gardner received beads from a girl needing a heart transplant. Later, it gave him the magic to hit an inside the park home run.

Swisher provided nothing minus belting one of the back to back to back HRs against Guthrie.

Matsui same as Swisher, did little to nothing.

MLB ERA

Re: Thoughts on this homestand?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Gardner received beads from a girl needing a heart transplant. Later, it gave him the magic to hit an inside the park home run.
    You mean it gave Denard Span the magic to take the worst route to a pop fly ever?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    You mean it gave Denard Span the magic to take the worst route to a pop fly ever?
    That's probably the most pessimistic, unromantic thing I've ever met.

Considering that he's not exactly a power guy, a girl in need of a new heart told him that he was going to homer, then he homers and she gets a heart the next day...even if they are unrelated, you don't have to be a dick about one of the best stories of the year.

And Swisher's HR? He hit it for Polly Tompkins, honorary bat-girl and breast cancer patient. That's why he was wearing the pink band...he's her favorite player. But I guess we'll chalk that one up to the wind currents in the New Stadium and say "Guthrie made a bad pitch."

Whatever.

MLB ERA

As far as my thoughts on the homestand:
    Carlos Ruiz? Seriously? How can the #2 catcher on Philly get 5 hits (2 off of CC, 3 off of Burnett). That CANNOT happen.

Joe Girardi's micromanaging lost us yet ANOTHER game. Cervelli should've stayed in and bunted the runner over. Swisher could've been used in Gardner's spot...or Gardner could've been left in. Oh, and way to misuse the pen this series so that we had almost no options today...real smart. I guess it's better that we dropped Edwar down now, huh?

Matsui isn't on a cold streak...he's in the North Pole. Pull him out of the lineup...we cannot handle his lack of production.

Damon shouldn't be running on a ball that shallow in LF. When you're facing an ace, it's probably better to be conservative with your runs, Rob Thompson. Oh, and Johnny Damon, you needed to knock Ruiz the **** out. Who do you think you are sliding? The plate is BLOCKED!

Ramiro Pena isn't that much faster than Cano. Waste of a pinch runner, and we lost Cano's bat. Way to micromanage, Joe.

I hope to God I'm wrong, but there's no way Melky can keep carrying this much load. His streak will end eventually...and there's no replacing his production.

CC gave us a great game...the rest of the starting pitching was suspect this series. As far as the other two series, everyone looked fine.

The bullpen needs to keep throwing strikes. Or I'll buy a high powered rifle and pop the next reliever to walk the game-tying/go-ahead run. (Not really, but it's getting exhausting to watch this crap).

Cervelli is my dog. Seriously, he's the ****ing man.

Along the same lines, K.Cash Money Millionaire is worth a bucket of vomit. His bat is, at least. Get him out of here...give me Jesus Montero.

Teixeira is looking like the ARod of old. Hits a ton of solo HRs and pointless doubles, then makes sure to swing at balls in pressure situations and K/GIDP/SUCK. Still, he is heating up, and I like that. This isn't going to be the norm, hopefully.

Cano is going to win a batting title in the next few years, if not this one. His swing is so sweet it hurts to think about pitching to him.

Jeter continues to be the most consistent person I could ask for. Hits all the time, including the clutch. The Jeter Leadoff Experiment seems to have been a success.

ARod...taking a ball the other way! That's a great, great ****ing sign. You can bet on more HRs @ The Wiffleball Field in Arlington and against the lesbians in the Starting Rotation of the Indians.

Damon cooled towards the end of the homestand, but man, I can't expect him to do everything all the time.

Melky/Swish/Gardner/Cash I've discussed.

Ramiro Pena is literally exactly what I want in a backup IF. He hits OK, fields perfectly, and has speed enough to be a running weapon off the bench. What more can you ask for?