Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official: We suck

I am curious, did anyone see John Donovan's All Star rosters? Our beloved, dysfunctional Yankees lead the way with 6 representatives in his predicted rosters. I guess it has been that kind of season. Plenty of players are having good years at the plate (A-Rod, Sheffield, Jeter, and Matsui are all hitting .300+; Posada is at .275 with 10 HRs; Cano has been pretty damn good as well). I would say the offense is finally kind of living up to its potential. Some major black holes in the lineup are killing us though unfortunately. Mariano Rivera is arguably performing at the highest level we have ever seen from him. Batters are hitting only .150 off of him and he is striking out 9.7 batters per innings pitched. Not to mention he has an ERA under 1 too...

Unfortunately, the defense, situational hitting, and most importantly starting pitching has absolutely killed us... so frustrating... This team has a lot of problems that just won't be fixed in FA. Something is up with the team's chemistry too, I'd say. I don't see how Jeter and the old guard can truely be looked at as the leaders of a club full of super stars with bigger stats and even bigger egos...

Funny that we have so many so called All Stars according to anyone.

I am so bitterly disappointed in our pitching it is not even funny. We never expected or needed RJ to pitch shutouts everytime out. How in the heck does he get blown out by Tampa Bay and Detroit? He is barely over .500 himself. Pavano also should be ashamed, how many times did he get blown out this year? These guys need to step it on their own, there is no big solution or big trade, IMO.

According to yankees.scout.com Phil Hughes has been promoted to Tampa. It is a well deserved promotion for the Yankees #1 Pitching prospect. He was absolutely dominating at Charleston.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    LOL I love to see Yankee bashing by Yankee fans. When your team sucks you guys complain worse than any fan in the country. What is it with people from NY? Seems like if your not playoff bound all hell breaks lose. It is finally good to see that all your payroll and talent can't buy you championships anymore. I guess you should have got Beltran and not let him go to the Mets. Anyways had to do a little bashing. As always I can't wait to get it back.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Well, I want us to lose. I want us to finish in last place.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

3.5 games back possibly 3 after tonight...our payroll is having a late pay day due to minor complications.

3.5 games back possibly 3 after tonight...our payroll is having a late pay day due to minor complications.

We shouldn't make the playoffs the way we're playing: no consistency. One day, we're the kings of the world; the next 3 days, we get swept by the Royals of Kansas City (or as Americans say, the quarterpounders of Kansas City).
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

You are right, we shouldn't make the playoffs the way we played in the first half, but the Red Sox were no better last year. Hell, the Red Sox really haven't been that much better this year. Their pitching has been worse than ours so far (yes, they get Schilling back, but if Randy rounds into form *PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE AFTER YOUR BRILLIANCE TODAY!* we've got that countered). We have a comparable offense to Boston so this will come down to whichever team is more efficient down the stretch. We've got a shot, as does Baltimore if they can right the ship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12