Thread: Awesome win today

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Game Awesome win today

There are games that seem to mean more than others in the regular season. This game was one of them as the Yankees won 4-3 in Tampa with runs in the 8th and 9th innings. Derek Jeter singled home Cody Ransom - who hit a huge pinch hit double despite his big time struggles this season - with 2 outs in the 9th. Bruney and Mo got the final 5 outs and looked awesome. Maybe the best thing from this game was Andy Pettitte's performance with 3 runs allowed in 7.1 IP. It was pretty clear to me that Andy was not on his A game today yet found a way to pitch very effectively.
    This win can be summed up by the way Joe Girardi reacted after the game. He was high fiving everyone and extremely fired up in the dugout even though it was the 9th game of the season. The Yankees finished off a 9 game season opening road trip with a 5-4 record despite A-Rod being hurt, Teixeira being both hurt and ineffective, Wang pitching horrendously, Damon with the flu, Matsui doing nothing, Ransom playing like shit, and now Nady going down for the season. I'm very pleased and I know the Yankees are too.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: Awesome win today

A win is a win... losing Nady is huge, depth was a problem, this win is only 1 of 162, you will lose some games that way and win some, all a part of baseball
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Thank you wise one.

AAA ERA

After starting 0-2 that was an excellent long road trip to begin the year. The Yanks had to take part in 3 home openers as the visiting team and finished winning 5 of 7 including an old time win yesterday. Good SP, good relief and some clutch hitting. Now let's get on a roll coming home.