Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devil Rays - Yankees Series Thread

AAA ERA

Devil Rays - Yankees Series Thread

This 4 game series seems like a gift, and it couldn't come at a better time. The D-Rays hobble into the stadium tied (Rockies) for the worst road record in MLB at 5-28. But which Yankee team will show up to play?

AAA ERA
    Minimum 3 of 4, a sweep woould be nice.

AAA ERA
    Now we need to take the next 3, henn was too wild but we still should have found a way to score more than 5 against the Drays.

AAA ERA
    Take away the error in the first. Tought to blame losses on just one guy. But you're right, rook needs to throw more strikes.

Matsui is HOT! and he looks like the goalie for a dart team.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Take away the error in the first. Tought to blame losses on just one guy. But you're right, rook needs to throw more strikes.

Matsui is HOT! and he looks like the goalie for a dart team.

Did Kaat & O'Neill even watch the games over the weekend? Jeter made the exact same play(except the ball didn't go into the stands) on Sunday and they never even mentioned it and acted like it's something we hadn't seen in years from him.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Did Kaat & O'Neill even watch the games over the weekend? Jeter made the exact same play(except the ball didn't go into the stands) on Sunday and they never even mentioned it and acted like it's something we hadn't seen in years from him.
    The guys in the booth are never critical of the Yankees. You're right, they make is seem like Derek Jeter is invincible.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Invincible, never, but the best damn player in baseball.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    The guys in the booth are never critical of the Yankees. You're right, they make is seem like Derek Jeter is invincible.
    Kaat can be critical at times but it was obvious they didn't watch Sunday's game, I guess they were doing other things on their day off but you'd think they would at least view a tape of the game.

AAA ERA
    What was A-Rod swinging at in the 8th inning?

AAA ERA
    See what this lineup does when Tony Womack is not in it?

On a more serious note: I'll never understand the IBB to Giambi. Has Pinella ever heard of Bernie Williams? And did you guys catch the glare Bernie gave to Pinella in the dugout while he was standing on third? The camera caught it briefly.

MLB ERA
    Wow awesome comback by the Yanks

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    Wow awesome comback by the Yanks
    Big deal. Tampa Bay was made for such comebacks: The Devil Rays led the Tribe 10-2 before losing 20-11 on May 5, 1999.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Big deal. Tampa Bay was made for such comebacks: The Devil Rays led the Tribe 10-2 before losing 20-11 on May 5, 1999.
    Those were the '99 Drays THESE are the more powerful '05 Drays It doesn't matter the opponent, a comeback like that is special and it continues our roll and ends our 1 game skid.

AAA ERA
    What I hope doesn't get lost in this great win is a terrible start by Randy. He wasn't fooling the D-Rays at all. They were hitting everything he had all over the yard. A start like that has to raise red flags. Absurd.

I have sympathy for Scott Proctor. He closed the game for Columbus on Monday night, hopped on a plane the next day to NY, and got thrown right in the fire. I wouldn't wish the life of a minor league ball player on anyone.

AAA ERA
    What I hope doesn't get lost in this great win is a terrible start by Randy. He wasn't fooling the D-Rays at all. They were hitting everything he had all over the yard. A start like that has to raise red flags. Absurd.
    We'll see what happens but I just chalk up to a bad game. He had been outstanding the previous 2 starts so I'll give him a break, if it happens this weekend then I'll start to be alarmed again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast