Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: It's looking more and more like AJ Burnett is headed for pinstripes

Re: It's looking more and more like AJ Burnett is headed for pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Swisher makes more outs on average than Nady.
    You do know that if you're on base, you're not making an out. Swisher is better at not making an out. For their career: outs/plate appearances:
    PA OU Swisher PA OU Nady 0522 0364
    0.697 0404 0291 0.720 0672 0438 0.652 0356 0248 0.697 0659 0423 0.642 0512 0355 0.693 0588 0410 0.697 0470 0332 0.706 2512 1683 0.670 0607 0405 0.667

2434 1694 0.696
    67% of Swisher's PA have ended in outs. Almost 70% of Nady's have resulted in outs. Wanna try that again?
    Oh yeah, I would be managing a lot longer especially if the other managers thought like you. Better defense and a better hitter stays in my lineup and won't be benched for the lesser player. Not basing it on "flukes", just talent.
    Basing it on talent? So you DO want Swisher!
    And yes, these "singles" are more important in the bottom half of the order than walks. Singles can move runners and even drive in runs. What a crazy concept!! Walks don't drive in runs unless the bases are loaded. And what a player does once on base matters too. Swisher isn't fast. OBP for slow guys like that are misleading.
    Clogging the bases? Thanks Dusty. Walks means you're not making out so the guy behind you gets a chance. Outs means the guy behind you gets no chance. The more guys that come up, the better the chance runs are scored.

This is starting to bore me. You value a slight lead in OPS, I value the enormous gap in BA. I'll take the better hitter with RISP and better defender. You like Swisher, I like Nady. Let's call the whole thing off
    But you neglect the advantage in BB's. If you cite BA, you have to cite BB's too.

RISP is a fluky stat, one I don't put much stock in.

I told you we'd go in circles. Twas fun though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Now all we have to do is buy our own teams and run them Start saving up because I think the Padres could be sold on the cheap after Moores divorce.

Swish makes more outs than Nady, simple as that. Swisher with more plate appearances still only has a slight lead in Runs Created. 5.6 to Nady's 5.3.
    No he doesn't I just did the math.
    He's an OFer!! There is no getting around it. You can play semantics all you want but doesn't change the fact. Yes, I watch baseball and apparently more closely than you or this wouldn't even be a debate Swisher is not a natural first baseman as I have clearly pointed out. Hardly even played until he got to the bigs. He is a natural OFer. That is the fact, Jack.
    Maybe, but I stated that he has played more games at 1B than any one position in the majors. Swisher is a better corner OF than 1B and CF. I'm not sure Nady is that much better than Swish in RF. I'd have to look at the Runs saved again.
    That gap in OBP is lesser than the gap in BA and Swisher still makes more outs.
    What about gap in BB% And no, Swisher STILL makes less outs. Go look at the numbers.
    I'm taking the better defender and hitter, Nick Swisher.
    Fixed.

Now all we have to do is buy our own teams and run them Start saving up because I think the Padres could be sold on the cheap after Moores divorce.
    Can we kill off the Steins.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pretty sure they're connected to the mob. I say we take over one of the beer run teams like the Cards or Rockies.

I'll take the Cards, they have a big fanbase.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678