Thread: Where are the Yankees fans?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Baseball Slant Where are the Yankees fans?

The Yankees have a lot to do this offseason and yet no one is talking about them. Come one guys!

MLB ERA

Re: Where are the Yankees fans?

We're waiting for something to happen. The biggest news is that Moose retired and that Cashman met with CC. We already exhausted the topic what the Yankees SHOULD do, a long time ago. What do you want us to talk about?
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

The Yankees have a list of players they are targetting, but I doubt if they will sign more than a handful of FAs this winter. Tex, CC, Manny and Burnett will sign with someone else. They are rumored to be shopping Cano around, and he could bring significant talent to the organization, but then they are left with another hole to fill.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Talk about everything your team is currently looking at!! The Yankees are busy bees the past few days. They have offered Ben Sheets a two year deal but none of you are talking about it.

MLB ERA

I'm not really one to talk about things until they actually happen. Until someone signs with the Yankees, it's all just speculation. Honestly, I think a 2-year deal with Sheets is a safe deal. I am incredibly worried about his elbow, but a 2-year deal is fine in that department. But someone will be stupid enough to beat it. Sheets will not be a Yankee. As for CC, I am confident he will give in to the big green monster and take the cash in NY. It's taking him a long time, and rightly so, it's a big decision for him. But I'm really not into discussing rumors. I'll talk about stuff plenty when someone actually signs.

As for catman's comments, I already addressed CC, and Brian Cashman specifically said Robinson Cano will be the Yankees' starting 2B when the season starts. Good move there as well, one bad season doesn't take away my faith in him like it has with so many other Yankee fans. Yes, he's clearly not as good as 2 seasons ago. But he's still a solid hitter. Burnett, Manny, and Tex will all go somewhere else, I agree with that. Especially if CC does indeed sign with NY. The only possibility is if CC does in fact go somewhere else, the Yanks will be all over Texieira. The Yankees have serious interest in Derek Lowe, and I see them signing him.

Talk is cheap. Let's wait until something happens. Like a player's pen hits a piece of paper.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I agree that talk is cheap but some rumors have more validity than others. I doubt you were just sitting back when the Arod rumors first came about a few years ago. This is my favorite time of the offseason and I love substantial rumors with actual sources. If it is some dickhead newspaper journalist giving his wish list passing it off as a rumor then I don't give a ****!

MLB ERA

Trust me, more talking will happen as the Winter Meetings get going. CC met with the Yankees, then asked for another meeting. He's clearly interested. He asked Girardi, who has 3 kids like CC, about the lifestyle in NYC. This is why I think he takes the deal.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

See, you could have simply mentioned Sabathia met with Cashman and that would have gotten some dialogue going

MLB ERA

Haha true. Also, Ricky Henderson got involved, talking to CC. Why you ask? Henderson was a free agent making the same exact decision, chose NY, and tore shit up. Also, Ricky lives in the Bay area.