Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

MLB ERA

Re: R.I.P. - The New York Yankees Playoff Streak

Well I'm happy the streaks ended. No one will touch the Braves streak. The Yankees should cut some salary. You can't buy yourself into the World Series. Might as well save some money and get some great young kids in the draft.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Well I'm happy the streaks ended. No one will touch the Braves streak. The Yankees should cut some salary. You can't buy yourself into the World Series. Might as well save some money and get some great young kids in the draft.
    The yanks streak was consecutive years though, the Braves streak was interrupted by the strike where they would have had to battle to get in during the '94 streak plus we went to 6 WS and won 4 while you guys went to 5 and won 1.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah I never bashed them as we have been over this before and most agreed. I said nothing different than Olney but yet I'm a basher? Never gloated a loss either. I was very rational in my criticisms and made great points which all came to be. I criticize every team when they deserve it. Not my fault the Yankees have deserved it more recently than in years past. You ignore the ones when I say good things about the Yankees. Sorry for absolutely right in my criticisms. It will happen again!
    If you were very rational and didn't bash at every turn I would never have had a problem w/ it. obviously we deserved criticism this yera and we have deserved it for the last 3-4 years I just hate when people always bash and don't bring any objectivity to their posts b/c as "bad" as we have been it's still better than most teams in MLB in that timeframe.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I don't bash the Yankees at every turn you pathetic soul. Again, you guys never mention the good things and only the bad. You all have selective memories!! I bring objectivity!! I am not the Yankees fan so I CAN be objective. All my points were rational and not one fo you can find where it wasn't. Sorry if I don't sugarcoat the truth for people. You are the ones who can't handle the truth!! Funny how all my "bashing" came to fruition isn't it?? That's objectivity for you!!

AAA ERA

I don't bash the Yankees at every turn you pathetic soul. Again, you guys never mention the good things and only the bad. You all have selective memories!! I bring objectivity!! I am not the Yankees fan so I CAN be objective. All my points were rational and not one fo you can find where it wasn't. Sorry if I don't sugarcoat the truth for people. You are the ones who can't handle the truth!! Funny how all my "bashing" came to fruition isn't it?? That's objectivity for you!!

Just leave, stop your whining and hurling your insults. We don't care what you have to say, we know what you have written all year. It doesn't matter, you have been bashing all year, just go away- don't you have some Francisco Rodriguez praising to do?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Insults??? Where's the insult?? I am insulted by your lack of knowledge on this matter and your continuous attempts of calling me a basher when I have PROVED I am not and you haven't PROVEN a thing!!! You're the whiner who can't handle someone's else's opinions on your team, even after I have been proven right in my criticisms That's the laugher!!

MLB ERA

LTR- Why bother dealing with this person. you do realize your dealing with a homer right? Its not a coincidence that he has been nominated and won homer awards in other forums. Also this person also claims that Steve Young is overated. So go figure.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Because I hate liars more than anything!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    LTR- Why bother dealing with this person. you do realize your dealing with a homer right? Its not a coincidence that he has been nominated and won homer awards in other forums. Also this person also claims that Steve Young is overated. So go figure.
    The 1st part of Young's Career wasn't great. It took until Joe Montana left SF for him to be great.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

That's like saying Tom Brady sucked until Drew Bledsoe got hurt.

AAA ERA

Insults??? Where's the insult?? I am insulted by your lack of knowledge on this matter and your continuous attempts of calling me a basher when I have PROVED I am not and you haven't PROVEN a thing!!! You're the whiner who can't handle someone's else's opinions on your team, even after I have been proven right in my criticisms That's the laugher!!
    The guy who believes the save is a meaningful stat is making fun of me for my lack of knowledge

I proved that you were, I'm not dealing w/ your nonsense anymore. You are boring. The yanks are done go talk about other teams that are playing right now.

You haven't been proven right about anything. You rhashed basic thoughts about the Yankees. It wasn't hard to predicte the playoff streak could end especially since we have toyed w/ it the last few years. Stop patting yourself on the back for basic knowledge.

Where's the insult?

"I don't bash the Yankees at every turn you pathetic soul."

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    This must be Young8 who is calling me a homer b/c I have PROVEN how overrated Steve Young and when when do get into the debate you run and hide after I prove it. Your weak arguments have been proven false just like mr. save stat. I'm noticing a pattern w/ SF Giant fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    The 1st part of Young's Career wasn't great. It took until Joe Montana left SF for him to be great.
    He inherited a dynasty and barely won 1 SB thanks to Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones splitting up. he was a major choke artist in January w/ great talent around him.

That's like saying Tom Brady sucked until Drew Bledsoe got hurt.
    This must be more of youre incredible knowledge? They are almost exactly the same except that Young had a chance to start in tampa bay and was terrible and Young had pro experience in the USFL then when he inherited a team that won 2 of 3 SBs and had been in 3 straight Championship Games he led them out of the playoffs a year later and onyl to 1 Championship throughout his career.

Obviously it's just like Brady who was a 2nd year player when he took ocer a franchise that was in steep decline. A team that had missed the playoffs 2 straight years(including 5-11 the year before) and a team that started 0-2 w/o him. The situations are strikingly similar

Stick to fawning over the save stat, at least w/ unknowledgable baseball fans it looks like you have a clue to what you are talking about.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Since you want to go off subject, you think ARod is the leader of your team. You really want to talk about knowledge?? I have more knowledge of your own team. Basic knowledge??? You ridiculed me for my opinons and called it bashing and now its basic knowledgelaugh: You are so sad!! I love how i can;t call you a pathetic soul for not knowing what the hell you are talking about but you get to call me a whiner and a basher! Nice logic there!! You haven't proved anything and I even have Yankee fans saying I don't bash the Yankees. I have proven you wrong at every turn and shot down completely your examples of bashing. There is only two Yankees fans that think I bash and its only because you guys don't like me, plain and simple. I say good and bad things but you can't grasp that. That's why you are pathetic. You do not know the difference between constructive criticism and pure hatred which bashing comes from. I'm the one that needs a clue?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And your Steve Young argument is weak and needs no response. Steve Young overrated I'll take Bill Walsh's opinion over yours everyday of the week. I'll take his opinions on baseball over yours now and he's dead.

Arod leads the Yankees in Octoberlaugh: And I'm the one who doesnt; knwo anything?

This conversation is over!!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yes, yes it is.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123