Thread: GEORGE STEINBRENNER LIVES - note it in the record

MLB ERA

Yankees GEORGE STEINBRENNER LIVES - note it in the record

Boss sighting, 8:32:32 PM, July 15, 2008. Yankee Stadium. Duly noted in the record.

He's alive. My theory was wrong. He looks very handicapped though. Didn't get up.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Re: GEORGE STEINBRENNER LIVES - note it in the record

I wish him the best, go yankees! I also wish the Yankees the best

Rookie ERA

He didn't look well at all. He looks like he has had a stroke... I know this has been rumored for a while. He looked kinda out of it. Regardless of whether you love or hate the guy, he is a Hall of Famer.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bjd2933 View Post
    He didn't look well at all. He looks like he has had a stroke... I know this has been rumored for a while. He looked kinda out of it. Regardless of whether you love or hate the guy, he is a Hall of Famer.
    I agree on both counts. He looked extremely pale, and either a stroke or some serious Alzheimer's is or is about to get to him.

I hate the guy. But the man is an economic and business genius. You'd be hardpressed to find a better businessman in the entire world. If you don't agree, you only need look to one of the more successful purchases in the history of this great Earth. Buying the Yankees for $10 mil. Not too shabby considering what they're worth now.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

AAA ERA

My problem was they propped him up as if he was babe Ruth. I appreciate george has spent money but he has also ruined many teams over the years by meddling and it's his fault we are leaving these historic grounds for a new house of greed across the street.

MLB ERA

He appeared to be quite emotional, which is common for those that have had strokes. It is possible he has suffered one without telling us.
    It was, however, a good tribute to him to have him deliver the baseballs to the HOFers to throw our at the beginning of the game.
    I agree that he should be enshrined. He has done a lot for the game, both good and bad, but overall, his influence has been positive.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon