Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next up Rangers...

Next up Rangers...

We just have to take it a series or actually game at a time. The Rangers are a tremendous young team with a lot of pop in their bats especially in Arlington, Texas.

I hope that Brown can gut out a good performance as Leiter did today. Moose can follow on Tuesday. No clue to who starts Wednesday.

All I can say is our offense needs to get runs early and often. Get the game into the 7th or 8th and the pen will slam the door. Winning will take care of itself.

Not to be scoreboard watching(or that sort) but the BoSox play Tampa Bay then get a 4 game series with the ChiSox. I have a good feeling in the next week about where we might be in the standings.

I believe Aaron Small is tabbed for Wednesday. Woot

Not necessarily. We may pick up Hideo Nomo to make that start, as much as I wouldn't like that move.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nomo would be hilarious.

Whelp, 2-0 Rangers so far in the 1st. How the hell did Soriano not make it to 2nd Base on that monster hit? My goodness. It looks like he hasn't learned a thing since leaving NY. For shame Sori.

Scoring update in the 2nd inning, after a double by Jason Giambi scores A-Rod, Jorge Posada smashes a 3 run homer to straight away CF to give the Yankees the lead at 4-3.

In stark contrast to our beloved ex-Yankee Soriano, Jeet hustles out of the box and reaches second base on what would be a single for most.

*Edit* And because of that hustle, he has given the Yankees another run on Cano's single.

w00t

Scoring update: Soriano takes Brown deep in the 3rd to bring Texas within one run. 6-5 the score.

Sheffield hammers a solo shot to LF. #20 on the season. 7-5 Yanks

*Edit* After A-Rod walks, Matsui lashes a HR to RF. 9-5 Yanks

9-6 in the bottom of the 4th so far. Brown might have re-injured his back while catching a low throw from Tino when he went to cover first. Hopefully he didn't. Brown works out of the inning without getting into further trouble. Just need one more inning and the game will be official, which will be great if the Yankees hold onto the lead because the sky doesn't look that great.

Tampa's kicking Boston's ass 3-1 so far...with a win today, we can be in 1st place!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    9-6 in the fifth. I love these "great" AL games

Proctor took over for Brown in the 5th and held the Rangers in check. It is now an official game.

Well, Boston lost, so we just need to hold on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast