Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wang gets pounded

MLB ERA

Re: Wang gets pounded

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    He is not an ace. Santana, Webb, Haren, Beckett, Halladay, Volquez all are aces.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Each staff has an ace.

Who's the Yankees Ace?

Factor in consistency and statistics...oh, it's Chien Ming Wang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Volquez is pitching like an ace right now but has no history of consistency to back him up as a clear cut ace.
    Like Wang does.

MLB ERA

Fair points all. But I think the point that was trying to be made is that Wang isn't the kind of guy who goes out and just dominates. Yes, he has his games where he pitches extremely well and limits scoring VERY well. But he doesn't have the strikeout numbers that make him SEEM as dominant. I think he can be an ace, but I don't know if he's necessarily an upper tier ace

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    I'm just going to sound like joek as I give you your reality check right now.

Dude has the most wins the past two seasons in the Majors ('06-'07) with 38.

Maybe he isn't "dominant" but as long as he wins at that clip who really cares?

He is an Ace, plain and simple.
    I like the guy, he's won alot of games and he's a GOOD pitcher but he's not an Ace. he's our Ace which is part of the problem in october. Our best hitter and SP can't play in october. realistically he should be a 3 or 4 starter and iof the young guys pan out and push him back that's when we'll start winning Championships again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

To blame four straight awful starts on bad luck is just ridiculous. Wang hasn't been that good this year and nothing can change that FACT. Wang has been getting hit hard and has been walking a lot of hitters. Just because he is keeping the ball in the ballpark doesn't mean he isn't getting hit hard. He has given up 43 runs, 42 were earned. Poor pitching is the cause, not bad luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12