Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The B.S. Police

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The B.S. Police

Major League Baseball suspended Kyle Farnsworth three games and fined him $2,000 for throwing behind Manny Ramirez's head Thursday night.
    Farnsworth was not ejected from the game, and only issued a warning by the home plate umpire. Farnsworth said after the game he had no intention of hitting Manny. "It just slipped. I was trying to be aggressive and go in on him." He will most likely appeal the decision, especially with Joba Chamberlain away dealing with family issues.
    I'm sorry but I have to call bullshit on this one. He was not ejected and didn't even hit Manny. To be suspended for three games is way too harsh and the punishment doesn't fit the crime since there was no crime. I can understand a fine since he was aiming at his head (can't buy the "it slipped" excuse) but no suspensions. Hopefully his appeal will do some good as this is just excessive.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The B.S. Police

He was throwing at his head. I'm fine with the suspension. Hell, maybe they can just suspend him for the whole season.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

I agree, he should either pay the fine or take the three game suspension, not both. yeah he threw the ball at his head but it did not hit him so this can go both ways.

MLB ERA

He threw at his head. At 96 MPH. For those of you who don't know, Farnsworth has enough control to hit a general area, but not a specific spot. So, he was likely trying to hit Manny. Now, thats all speculative, but I think anytime you have the audacity to try to knock a guy out like that, you deserve punishment. Especially throwing behind, because Farnsworth MUST KNOW that the hitter's first instinct will be to back up...in this case, right into a debilitating fastball.

MLB ERA

I hate Farnsworth, but this is ridiculous.

We cannot allow this because if they do this type of thing to Joba or Mo, it's not fair.

He didn't get ejected, at worst he should get fined...and not that much.

I agree with LTR

I believe Manny already had two HRs in the game and it was a retaliatory shot for that reason, in addition, it was a 96 MPH projectile at his head.

3 games for a MR who would likely only see action in one of those games seems perfectly fair to me.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I think whoever hit AROD the game before should get suspended also then.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

So Farnsworth hits nobody and gets fined with a three game suspension.

In the Indians game against the Tigers, Verlander intentionally hits Michaels with a fastball and nothing happens.

That's bull.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Closed
    AAA ERA

Take this with a grain of salt as this is coming from a Redsox fan, but I don't think it is right that any pitcher on any team should be throwin at someones head. It is just stupid. I really think Farnsworth may have been MLB scapegoat in this situation, but I think he got what he deserves. And I would say that for any pitcher that throws at anyones head, even Redsox pitchers.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

but yet Manny is allowed to showboat like a moron all the time without retribution or penalty (like he would in the NFL if he pulled the shit he does)...what a shame. I wish every pitcher would go K-Rod when they get Manny out every time...

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    but yet Manny is allowed to showboat like a moron all the time without retribution or penalty (like he would in the NFL if he pulled the shit he does)...what a shame. I wish every pitcher would go K-Rod when they get Manny out every time...
    I don't think showboating could actually kill a person, but a 96 MPH fastball to the side of your head certainly could. And Manny is not the only ballplayer that does that. I have seen A-Rod drop the bat and scare on his long bombs as well as many others in the league.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I know that can't kill anyone...and that's not all Manny does. That's why I think every pitcher in the majors should do a K-Rod every single time they get Manny out...it'd be like a ritual.

MLB ERA

I agree that showboating is wrong. However, throwing a ridiculously dangerous 96 MPH Fastball at their head is NOT the way to deal with it!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Look, if Farnsworth hit Manny in the thighs or brushed him back or something that woulda been fine with me. Hell, I've always said the Yankees need to knock Manny on his ass...but the way to do that is NOT to throw a 96 MPH fastball behind him! Farnsworth's a moron.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I know that can't kill anyone...and that's not all Manny does. That's why I think every pitcher in the majors should do a K-Rod every single time they get Manny out...it'd be like a ritual.
    So basically what you are saying is deal with showboating by showboating. That isn't the answer at all. I agree that Manny and other players take things to extreme sometimes, but to say that the pitcher should deal with it by doing the same type of thing isn't going to resolve anything as isn't throwing at someones head. The way to resolve the issue is to fine the players for doing excessive showboating, but MLB is to much of whimps to do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast