Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yankees Royals Series Thread

MLB ERA

Yankees Royals Series Thread

New York Yankees VS. Well our first game is tonight. Kevin Brown 4-4, 5.14 VS. Zach Greinske Tue., May 31 @ 8:10 p.m. ET 0-6, 4.13 .
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Rookie ERA
    Time to regroup, guys. If we can't light up this guy then I don't know who we can beat. The guy is 0-6 for crying out loud. I'm looking for an offenive outburse in this game. We've been held down to 1 and 2 runs for two consecutive nights. Time to bring out the bats. Go Yanks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Grienke has the better ERA and did a great job. Yanks didn't start the road trip off to a good start.

MLB ERA
    You got that right.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA
    The frustrating thing is Brown seemed to have his best stuff last night but everytime you turned around he had base runners. Watching that 1st inning I thought he was going to cruise in that game and then after the Matsui HR I thought it was going to be a good night but we just fell apart.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why can't the "best" team beat the worst team?

AAA ERA
    We stink, I am never one to get worried especially in early June but I am now officially worried when we can't recover and beat KC. I still think we will recover and win the division but I'm not nearly as confident as a week ago.

Rookie ERA
    Every time you think the Yanks got themselves together, they always fall apart again. If you can't beat the Royals, who can you beat? When the Royals hold you down to 1 run, that's when you know it's bad. It doesn't get any easier than the Royals, yet we failed to take advantage, especially with the Orioles and Red Sox going at it that was a chance for us to gain some games on them. And I can't begin to say what I'm feeling about Randy Johnson right now. You don't give up 3 runs to Kansas City man. We acquired him to be our go to guy, our ace. Other than the 3 earned, his numbers were good, but an L is an L. I know he didn't get run support but back to the point, you don't give up 3 runs to the Royals. You don't give up any to them at all as an ace. It's funny because I remember before the season started, John Kruk from ESPN predicted Randy Johnson would win 30 games. Right now I'll be surprised if he wins 20. I've heard that he'll probably start to pitch better when the weather warms up, having pitched in Arizona and all so I guess we'll just have to watch and wait.

ERA
    Call NASA
    In 1998, which may have been the YANKEES greatest single season, if I recall correctly, the YANKEES lost the season series to the Royals.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    1998 the Royals won 72 games.

ERA
    Call NASA
    That would mean they lost 90.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Actually they only lost 89. That means they were a hell of a lot better then than they are going to be this year. Plus the Yanks didn't have a 207 million dollar payroll. And I will make sure to see if they did indeed lose the season series to KC.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Not only did the Royals not win the season series, they didn't win one game against the Yanks.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Not only did the Royals not win the season series, they didn't win one game against the Yanks.
    The only team we had a losing record against in '98 was California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (we went 5-6 against them)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast