Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yankees Season Predictions

MLB ERA

Re: Yankees Season Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Thank you Dirty Kash

They are player predictions, not meant to be added up.

I graded on a curve, and took the middle...some will be lower...some will be higher.
    I would have made that post either way.

DK kinda stole my thunder.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I would have made that post either way.

DK kinda stole my thunder.
    I expected you too. That's typical Leo

As far as Hawkins...no one expected jack out of Quantrill either.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

The thing I don't like about Hawkins is he seems to pitch his worst in big moments.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah Hawkins, Joba and Mo being the top three in all of baseball is hilarious. Hawkins sucks balls and when the NY media gets him in their trap, Armando Benitez will look like Goose Gossage compared to Hawkins.

MLB ERA

Hawkins may be a mediocre middle reliever, but he will not be one of the best, and I wouldn't count on him as a consistent 7th inning man. My guess is he will have at best a serviceable year. Depth can't hurt, but that doesn't mean it's going to be superb.

MLB ERA

Those three will be tops in the majors...

Quan-Gor-Mo?
    Nelson-Stanton-Mo?
    Nelson-Stanton-Mo-Wettland?

We don't have a history of the best relievers, yet we usually have a sick pen

MLB ERA

thats fine. I'm not telling you that the yankees pen will suck, but LatRoy Hawkins will not meet your expectations, he may give u 60 appearances and a 4.50 ERA

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah Hawkins, Joba and Mo being the top three in all of baseball is hilarious. Hawkins sucks balls and when the NY media gets him in their trap, Armando Benitez will look like Goose Gossage compared to Hawkins.
    thats funny since the Jays signed Benitez (didn't make the team but is on MLC), although I don't know if you knew that or not.

as for the rest

OF clearly is to Jays, Stairs won't be the DH, he'll platoon with Stewart in LF, Stairs vs RHP and Stewart vs LHP. Wells and Rios is better than any Yankee OF period even Matsui.

Wells is coming off his injury, which should have been taken care of last year early on but the Jays' GM is a douchebag who lied to every fan possible. Wells is finally healthy and looking like his old self. Rios is coming off a strong year and looking to improve more.

The Yankees bullpen being top 3 is laughable especially with Hawkins there, he's not going to help the Yankees too much.

I'm not here to say the Jays' bullpen will be any better cause it's in about as big of mess as the Yankees' bullpen, no real setup man without Janssen or Ryan healthy. unproven Brandon League looking to comeback as a possible setup man for Accardo who will be the closer until Ryan is ready once again (who knows how long that will happen) just don't forget League has serious stuff and would had made the team last year but HAD Velocity problem and is back hitting above 95+ mph, yet Jason Frasor once again made the the team as a middle reliever, don't ask me why, I would have cut him long ago.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Yeah, Hawkins-Joba-Mo are not going to be Top 3 in the majors, I won't even try and pretend that.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    thats fine. I'm not telling you that the yankees pen will suck, but LatRoy Hawkins will not meet your expectations, he may give u 60 appearances and a 4.50 ERA
    Doubt that.

I'd say he gives us 70 app, 3.89-4.25 ERA...1.34 WHIP.

He's going to dominate early and fade, they always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    thats funny since the Jays signed Benitez (didn't make the team but is on MLC), although I don't know if you knew that or not.

as for the rest

OF clearly is to Jays, Stairs won't be the DH, he'll platoon with Stewart in LF, Stairs vs RHP and Stewart vs LHP. Wells and Rios is better than any Yankee OF period even Matsui.

Wells is coming off his injury, which should have been taken care of last year early on but the Jays' GM is a douchebag who lied to every fan possible. Wells is finally healthy and looking like his old self. Rios is coming off a strong year and looking to improve more.

The Yankees bullpen being top 3 is laughable especially with Hawkins there, he's not going to help the Yankees too much.

I'm not here to say the Jays' bullpen will be any better cause it's in about as big of mess as the Yankees' bullpen, no real setup man without Janssen or Ryan healthy. unproven Brandon League looking to comeback as a possible setup man for Accardo who will be the closer until Ryan is ready once again (who knows how long that will happen) just don't forget League has serious stuff and would had made the team last year but HAD Velocity problem and is back hitting above 95+ mph, yet Jason Frasor once again made the the team as a middle reliever, don't ask me why, I would have cut him long ago.
    Laughable? Best closer of all time, best setup man last year (yes, better than Okajima) and solid middle relieving. If League is "serious" because he's young and has good stuff, I guess Abaladejo and Ohlendorf (who dominated in Spring FYI) are serious too.

We have one of the most underrated pens in the majors right now. What benchmark stat are we going to use? Here's an accredited blog that puts our pen at #5 last year based on WPA: http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/ar...team-bullpens/

I mean, is it a stretch with us getting fresher and better to say we'll jump two spots? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Yeah, Hawkins-Joba-Mo are not going to be Top 3 in the majors, I won't even try and pretend that.
    Read the article. Seriously, we had one of the best last year and only got better.

MLB ERA

I fully expect the Yankees bullpen to be better than some people think.

That being said, I have a feeling someone will eventually jump Hawkins as the preferred 7th inning guy.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I fully expect the Yankees bullpen to be better than some people think.

That being said, I have a feeling someone will eventually jump Hawkins as the preferred 7th inning guy.
    Ohlendorf, if he keeps this up, will.

That article is from '05 btw...still, our pen is vastly underrated...I understand that we rely on youngins like Ohlendorf and Abaladejo a lot, but still, we have such potential

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

1. Wang won't win 15 games this season.
    2. Giambi won't hit 20 homers either. Maybe if you juice his ass again it might happen.
    3. Hughes might win 15 games this season. Needs to stay healthy
    4. Arod will have another monster season.
    5. Yankee's won't make the playoffs. Boston, Detroit, Cleveland and Seattle will be the four teams to make it. Wild card team will be Cleveland.
    6. There is no way you will win it all!
    7. Finally Joba will be the closer by midway through the season. One of the better arms on the mlb club.

Yankees should win about 93 games. Boston will win 98 games. My Twins will win 85 games and finish 3rd. Within the next three years the Yanks should be back on top on the division and maybe the entire league. Pitching must get better every year with the young arms they have.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    4. Arod will have another monster season.
    Yankees should win about 93 games. Within the next three years the Yanks should be back on top on the division and maybe the entire league. Pitching must get better every year with the young arms they have.
    Who are you and what you done with mntwinsfan?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Browntown,

When the time is right I will bash your club just like always. When I need to I can give positive remarks to your Yankees.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast