Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swagger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankees Swagger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are getting our old swagger back from the old championship teams! From 2004-2007, they were passive, now they are active aggressive and I believe we will win the WS baby!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA

Re: Swagger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swagger is much more important than having a first baseman.

MLB ERA

swagger and moxie are my 2 least favorite overused sports cliches
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 03-18-2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: I don't care how it's spelled, it's a horribly overused and meaningless cliche either way.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Watch you guys lose in the ALDS again.

If Hank Steinbrenner can take the Yankees from this collection of All Stars/Former All Stars and get them back to being a team like the 1996-2001 Yankees were, then they can get back to winning World Series.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA

Quite frankly, unless the Yankees get great pitching from Kennedy, Hughes, Chamberlain, etal, I don't see them making the playoffs at all this season. Boston is a better team, and so are Detroit and Cleveland.
    The questions I have are who plays left field, 1B, and are the last couple pitchers in the rotation this season?
    Also, who is in the bullpen to set up Rivera?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How exactly are they being aggressive? Hank running his mouth or Hank's only FA signings being Morgan Ensberg and LaTroy Hawkins? Neither one give me the sense of them being aggressive or the Yankees having swagger.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

This is without a doubt the least aggressive the I have seen a Yankees offseason in a long time.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I don't think they needed to be aggressive...they just had to focus on re-signing their own guys.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

swag·ger /ˈswęgər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[swag-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –verb (used without object) 1.to walk or strut with a defiant or insolent air. 2.to boast or brag noisily. –verb (used with object) 3.to bring, drive, force, etc., by blustering. –noun 4.swaggering manner, conduct, or walk; ostentatious display of arrogance and conceit.
    Synonyms: bluster, boast, boogie, boot, brag, brandish, bully, ****, flourish, gasconade, gloat, grandstand*, hector, hot dog, look big*, lord, parade, peacock*, pontificate, prance, put on, sashay*, saunter, strut, swank*, swash, swashbuckle*, sway, sweep, swell

You don't win because you have swagger, you have swagger because you're winning.

That's why I hate it when sports analysts use the word, because they always imply it's the wrong way around, and usually because they can't think of any other reason why the team/player they're talking about is doing good, so they just throw that BS out there to make it sound good because they're using a "big word".
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

Swagger comes from winning so it will be a while before we regain that but I do love the agressiveness and the fight in the Yankees. AGAIN Jeter was plunked by the Sox but this time at least we brushed back ortiz. If he wouldn't have moved he would have gotten hit but at least we brushed him back and made him uncomfortable which we never have done.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Swagger comes from winning so it will eb a while before we regian that but I do love the agreesiveness and the fight in the Yankees. AGAIN Jeter was plunked by the Sox but this time at least we brushed back ortiz. If he wouldn't have moved he would have gotten hit but at least we brushed him back and made him uncomfortable which we never have done.
    I can remember Clemens doing it, but not anyone else...and damn sure not Andy Pettite.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    This is without a doubt the least aggressive the I have seen a Yankees offseason in a long time.
    Yes and no.

We signed Girardi as our manager, making a commitment to small ball, pitching and defense, and, essentially, Yankees baseball.

We kept our gamers and signed some people who fit our mold. Granted, there was no "great signing" (simply because resignings never classify as great, but ARod Posada and Pettite would be great if they did) but there is commitment now, and I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Swagger comes from winning so it will eb a while before we regian that but I do love the agreesiveness and the fight in the Yankees. AGAIN Jeter was plunked by the Sox but this time at least we brushed back ortiz. If he wouldn't have moved he would have gotten hit but at least we brushed him back and made him uncomfortable which we never have done.
    I disagree. Swagger comes from confidence, in your team and in your ability, and with young fire breathers like Joba, Melky, and Cano, we definitely have that swagger.

I think translating it into victory is our final step
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk48 View Post
    I can remember Clemens doing it, but not anyone else...and damn sure not Andy Pettite.
    Clemens did it, and you're wrong, Pettite has done it too. Mussina is the one who seemingly has no balls in that situation

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Hey Bronx, I love your loyality, enthusiasm, and expectations for your team. It is going to be a fun season for many teams.

MLB ERA

When the hell have the Yankees ever been committed to small ball?

The Mick wasn't famous for his bunting.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    When the hell have the Yankees ever been committed to small ball?

The Mick wasn't famous for his bunting.

Defense and national league baseball won us that World Series...and in fact, getting runners on and moving them over via bunts and steals was huge back then too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast