Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees to sign Billy Crystal...no, seriously

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Yankees to sign Billy Crystal...no, seriously

I agree completely. These guys are competing for a JOB. Turns out, Crystal has hollywood gigs under his belt. There are 20 something year old kids trying to make a name for themselves and trying to earn a roster sport when the effed up Yankee management thinks it would be better for the club to sign a washed up comedian. Genius.

(And people wonder why someone can hate the yankees?)
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

If you guys oppose this, I have no issue with classifying you as morons.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I agree with General. HE'S PLAYING IN ONE ****ING SPRING TRAINING GAME. CALM THE **** DOWN EVERYONE.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I guess I'm a moron because one ****ing game is one too many! Imagine being a guy in AA trying to make a name for yourself and someone coming up to you and saying "Sorry you can't start today because BILLY ****ING CRYSTAL has a fantasy". Could you honestly hold yourself back from hitting the mother****er? I have no issue with calling you guys dumbasses if you think this is a good thing and in fact I am straight out going to call you one if need be. Its stupid and has no purpose and its purely a joke. People are paying out the ass for these games, especially Yankees games. Its getting late into spring training and guys are competing. Now they have to put everything on hold because a Yankee fan has money? Go **** yourself! Maybe the rest of the Grateful Dead can fill out the infield for the Giants. Nevermind BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE ****ING RETARDED!!!!

This is a game, Reefer. It's about entertaining people. Entertaining people is the only reason it exists.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No it isn't General, not to the guys that want to make the team and be somebody one day. They seem to find it as an opportunity. Again, let Billy go do anything else but take up a person's opportunity. Him singing a national anthem or simply calling a game is entertaining enough. Or if he wants to be entertaining, go make a ****ing movie! I know for a fact people aren't paying out the asses to see a 60 yr old comedian play baseball. You can think its cute but I am looking at it from a fans and players point of view.

It's still a game.

Wait, I forgot...

BASEBALL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

MLB ERA

Wow, I forgot one AA player not playing in one Spring Training game would make or break his career.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    It's still a game.

Wait, I forgot...

BASEBALL IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!
    Wow! It's a game. What an original concept. Why not let matt Damon play first base at the All Star game? Tom Selleck can play first base in October. I mean there all games and this doesn;t hurt anything right? Get ****ing real or go watch E! channel.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Wow, I forgot one AA player not playing in one Spring Training game would make or break his career.
    It doesn't help his career does it? It's ****ing pointless and one good day does make a difference. One good day=a day longer they have a chance! I love how I'm the moron for not wanting to see Billy Crystal play. Truly hilarious!! You think it would be the other way around

MLB ERA

One game can make a difference, ask Terrell Davis.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    It doesn't help his career does it? It's ****ing pointless and one good day does make a difference. One good day=a day longer they have a chance! I love how I'm the moron for not wanting to see Billy Crystal play. Truly hilarious!! You think it would be the other way around
    Wait, who said they wanted to see Billy Crystal play? Nobody here said that. I said I don't give a shit if they let him play ONE DAY IN SPRING TRAINING. If one spring training game is going to determine your season then you're probably a worthless player anyway!! The Yankees offense is pretty much set aside from a few VETERAN players on the bench, and you're going crazy over ONE GAME IN SPRING TRAINING. Unbelievable Garth Brooks was in somebody's ST camp every year. Was he taking time away from players? Good lord, I can't believe we're making this big a deal about ONE SPRING TRAINING GAME. Unbelievable.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I have to agree with reefer here guys. I would hate to see Nick Lachey come in and play CF for a Reds ST game and take ABs away from Jay Bruce, or Ryan Freel, or Norris Hopper, or Corey Patterson, or Chris Dickerson even.

Spring training is all about competition for the young studs and veterans trying to squeeze in one more year. And secondly, it is about getting your timing down and your glove loose.

Yeah, it is a funny story and Hollywood would love it. But it truly takes away ABs from whomever he is penciled in for.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Wow! It's a game. What an original concept. Why not let matt Damon play first base at the All Star game? Tom Selleck can play first base in October. I mean there all games and this doesn;t hurt anything right? Get ****ing real or go watch E! channel.
    Oh good, let's compare the All-Star Game and World Series TO A ****ING SPRING TRAINING GAME. Wow.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I have to agree with reefer here guys. I would hate to see Nick Lachey come in and play CF for a Reds ST game and take ABs away from Jay Bruce, or Ryan Freel, or Norris Hopper, or Corey Patterson, or Chris Dickerson even.

Spring training is all about competition for the young studs and veterans trying to squeeze in one more year. And secondly, it is about getting your timing down and your glove loose.

Yeah, it is a funny story and Hollywood would love it. But it truly takes away ABs from whomever he is penciled in for.
    If an at-bat or two is going to make such a huge difference for someone, I don't want that guy on my team. Let them take extra BP on another field or something.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast