View Poll Results: What do you think of Hank Steinbrenner?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's a douchebag. With him making personnel decisions, the Yankees' future does not look promising.

9 75.00%
  • Junior Steinbrenner knows what he's doing. The Yanks will win many World Series under his reign.

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Hank Steinbrenner?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Opinions on Hank Steinbrenner?

What do you guys think of this blowhard Hank Steinbrenner? Does it bother you that he reveals to the media just about everything that's going on in the Yankees front office, trade possibilities, player negotiations, etc. instead of keeping quiet? This could hurt the Yankees to get deals done.

He also openly criticizes A-Rod for sucking in the playoffs and said that if A-Rod didn't want to be a Yankee, then he didn't A-Rod back. Of course, a couple of days later, Hank proceeds to give A-Rod more money than before.

And now just this past weekend, Hank sets a deadline to get a deal done for Johan Santana or else he says the offer is off the table. Are we really supposed to believe that? Come on!

Let's not forget that Hank's favorite actress is Jennifer Love Hewitt. Can we really take this guy seriously?

MLB ERA

Re: Opinions on Hank Steinbrenner?

No, I don't like Hank. What happens in the front office should stay in the front office and I'm suprised George hasn't gotten on his case for that. He shouldn't go out and talk about it.. And also if your going to critize a player don't do it that way. Pull him aside in the club house and talk to the guy, don't openly talk about it. That stuff right there is stuff that makes the player want to leave the team, just like A-rod did but thankfully he came back. Just be quiet Hank and don't tell the whole world what is going on.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

This has been a poorly run franchises the past few seasons and doesn't look like it's getting any better.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

He scares me and makes me laugh at the same time.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I don't know him but he is a Steinbrenner. The name says it all.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    This has been a poorly run franchises the past few seasons and doesn't look like it's getting any better.
    Actually it's been run very well the past few years w/ Cashman in control. This alloed us to be in the Santana talks b/c w/o the rebuilt farm system we'd have no chance.

As fas as Hank goes, I like the moves to keep our guys(and to make ARod come back crawling even though he still got an undeserved raise) but he talks way too much to the press.

MLB ERA

I like it...if it's true the Santana offer is off the table, that's two right decisions he's made...no, 3.

Pettite, ARod, no Santana.

Haha, I love Hank. I think it is admirable - if unwise - that he wants to let the fans know what is going on. This only becomes bad if he is usurping Cashman's position. As of yet, we can't judge that. It seems that he has not as the Yankees are sticking to their guns with Santana, but then again... Cashman isn't the type to set deadlines either. Pretty interesting character though. Larger than life.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Actually it's been run very well the past few years w/ Cashman in control. This allowed us to be in the Santana talks b/c w/o the rebuilt farm system we'd have no chance.
    That is your opinion, I have mine. I see signing guys like Clemens, Damon, Farnsworth, Villone, and Pettitte to be piss poor moves not to mention the money they threw around on retaining their own FAs. And it looks like all that hard work of building a farm system is to be wasted on getting either Santana or Haren. The Yankees could have a really good team in a couple of years but Steinbrenner and the Yankees brass just can't wait that long so they will keep making the same mistakes that haven't won them a thing since 2000. Yankees need to go back to what won them 4 of 5 WS titles and that's developing their young talent and not spending so ******* much just to spend it.

MLB ERA

Hank doesn't have any idea of how to handle the press yet, or how to handle private negotiations and how to keep them private so for now he's pretty low on the list of competency.

MLB ERA

In my opinion, Hank Steinbrenner has a lot to learn about running a baseball team. Until the divorce, George's former son-in-law was the guy that he wanted to take over. Now that guy (I cannot recall his name) is out and Hank is in. I see some dark days coming while Hank learns the game a bit better.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Looks like the Hank comments on the monday deadline for a Santana deal hurt the Yankees. Looks like as of right right Santana will become a Red Soxs pitcher. You will not see a world series again for a long time. Beckett and Santana will be more than enough to win it all.

I do think Lester - Liriano will be very good too, may take alittle time to see how things play out this season though.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

That is your opinion, I have mine. I see signing guys like Clemens, Damon, Farnsworth, Villone, and Pettitte to be piss poor moves not to mention the money they threw around on retaining their own FAs. And it looks like all that hard work of building a farm system is to be wasted on getting either Santana or Haren. The Yankees could have a really good team in a couple of years but Steinbrenner and the Yankees brass just can't wait that long so they will keep making the same mistakes that haven't won them a thing since 2000. Yankees need to go back to what won them 4 of 5 WS titles and that's developing their young talent and not spending so ******* much just to spend it.
    Pettite was 15-9 with 200 innings...not to mention his starts had the highest winning percentage after his team threw him after a loss. Not a bad signing at all...Barry Zito was a bad signing. Not to mention he led our team in strikeouts.

And Steinbrenner is for keeping the youngins buddy...he was the major voice in opposition to including Hughes and Cano in any deal. Not to mention what he said about Melky too.

Get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by McKain View Post
    Hank doesn't have any idea of how to handle the press yet, or how to handle private negotiations and how to keep them private so for now he's pretty low on the list of competency.
    True...but neither did George.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    In my opinion, Hank Steinbrenner has a lot to learn about running a baseball team. Until the divorce, George's former son-in-law was the guy that he wanted to take over. Now that guy (I cannot recall his name) is out and Hank is in. I see some dark days coming while Hank learns the game a bit better.
    Steve Swindal...and he knew absolutely nothing. All that is wrong. If we have any "dark days" it is going to be the transition years from older team to young and exuberent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Looks like the Hank comments on the monday deadline for a Santana deal hurt the Yankees. Looks like as of right right Santana will become a Red Soxs pitcher. You will not see a world series again for a long time. Beckett and Santana will be more than enough to win it all.

I do think Lester - Liriano will be very good too, may take alittle time to see how things play out this season though.
    Bullshit...when's the last time anything worked out like it was supposed to? DicK (that was on purpose) was the same pitcher as Andy Pettite this year, and I don't see his Cy Young or Rookie of the Year award, you know, the ones that he won before the season started? As far as Santana, he has had a strong decline...he's still an excellent pitcher, but he's never impressed anyone in the playoffs. And you're kidding yourself if you don't think we're a playoff bound team without Santana. The Red Sox do not scare me as much with Santana as they do with Ellsbury and Lester...and that's a fact.

We don't need Santana, and it will be funny to watch him flop in the Red Sox uniform.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

My facts are perfectly straight and so is my opinion.

MLB ERA

My facts are perfectly straight and so is my opinion.
    Yeah, your opinion that Andy Pettite was a bad signing is 100% erroneous.

Carl Pavano, Kei Igawa, yes.

Andy Pettite, no.

Back up that argument...where are the stats?

I personally don't like Damon, and his production was off a bit, but he still stole a ton of bases this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast