Thread: My Christmas List

MLB ERA

My Christmas List

With the holiday season approaching us I figured now would be the appropriate time for me to post my Yankees christmas list. During the offseason I will keep track of this thread and I will mark off whether or not my wish came true.

Wish #1:
    Get some strong arms for the starting rotation. Right now the rotation has some big holes in it and there is only three spots set in stone right now. Do whatever you have to to get some quality arms.

Did this wish come true? TBA

Wish #2: Bring Pettitte back. Like I said above the rotation is a big question mark and if we could get Pettitte back then that would make the rotation look alot better. Andy is a loyal pitcher that loves NY and loves wearing the pinstripes. He brings leadership to this pitching staff and that is what it needs. We are going to be using alot of young pitchers again this year and they need a good role model like Pettitte to look up to and I feel that Andy could help mold these pitchers.

Wish #3: Get Mo a strong quality set-up man such as Bobby Jenks. There have been a few rumors come out about aquiring him from the Sox for Damon. Although I don't think the Sox would do this I think that the Yankees need to get Mo a quality set-up man seeing as how he is starting to age and lose some of his authority. Don't get me wrong Mariano is still are great closer but I think that since he is older and declining that the set-up man will play a bigger role then usual for this club. I don't think that Ohlendorf is ready to step into this role quite yet. He didn't fare well against the Indians in the play-offs and I don't think he is ready for the big time yet.

Wish #4: Get an everday 1B! We do not need four firstbase men on this roster. Trade some players and go get us an every day 1B that can give this club what it needs. There are a couple of good 1B in the free agent pool that I feel could help this club out such as, Sean Casey and Eric Hinske.

Wish #5: Put Damon on the block and see what you can get for him. Even though you probably can't get much for this noodle arm I would like to see what club would take him. I would also like to see Melky step in and be the everday CF or LF.

Wish #6: Aquire Johan Santana. This is really far fetched but its a wish...Although there are some problems with trying to get Santana. We would have to give up some of our best young prospects which I don't want to happen and I don't think of any you guys want to happen either. But then again Santana is really inticing and I think I could be willing to give up some prospects for arguably the best SP in the MLB.

Wish #7: Get more arms for the bull pen. I know I have already touched on the set-up man's role but I think that there needs to be more improvements made to the pen. Either go look and see what you can get in the FA pool or go and try to aquire some more pen arms via trade.

Please Mr. Cashman and Mr. Steinbrenner give me the presents that I want and not only will I be happy but all of NY and all of the Yankees fan will be happy too.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: My Christmas List

Wish #2 was granted...Now please work on making the other wishes become reality.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: My Christmas List

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    With the holiday season approaching us I figured now would be the appropriate time for me to post my Yankees christmas list. During the offseason I will keep track of this thread and I will mark off whether or not my wish came true.

Wish #1:
    Get some strong arms for the starting rotation. Right now the rotation has some big holes in it and there is only three spots set in stone right now. Do whatever you have to to get some quality arms.

Wish #2: Bring Pettitte back. Like I said above the rotation is a big question mark and if we could get Pettitte back then that would make the rotation look alot better. Andy is a loyal pitcher that loves NY and loves wearing the pinstripes. He brings leadership to this pitching staff and that is what it needs. We are going to be using alot of young pitchers again this year and they need a good role model like Pettitte to look up to and I feel that Andy could help mold these pitchers.

Wish #3: Get Mo a strong quality set-up man such as Bobby Jenks. There have been a few rumors come out about aquiring him from the Sox for Damon. Although I don't think the Sox would do this I think that the Yankees need to get Mo a quality set-up man seeing as how he is starting to age and lose some of his authority. Don't get me wrong Mariano is still are great closer but I think that since he is older and declining that the set-up man will play a bigger role then usual for this club. I don't think that Ohlendorf is ready to step into this role quite yet. He didn't fare well against the Indians in the play-offs and I don't think he is ready for the big time yet.

Wish #4: Get an everday 1B! We do not need four firstbase men on this roster. Trade some players and go get us an every day 1B that can give this club what it needs. There are a couple of good 1B in the free agent pool that I feel could help this club out such as, Sean Casey and Eric Hinske.

Wish #5: Put Damon on the block and see what you can get for him. Even though you probably can't get much for this noodle arm I would like to see what club would take him. I would also like to see Melky step in and be the everday CF or LF.

Wish #6: Aquire Johan Santana. This is really far fetched but its a wish...Although there are some problems with trying to get Santana. We would have to give up some of our best young prospects which I don't want to happen and I don't think of any you guys want to happen either. But then again Santana is really inticing and I think I could be willing to give up some prospects for arguably the best SP in the MLB.

Wish #7: Get more arms for the bull pen. I know I have already touched on the set-up man's role but I think that there needs to be more improvements made to the pen. Either go look and see what you can get in the FA pool or go and try to aquire some more pen arms via trade.

Please Mr. Cashman and Mr. Steinbrenner give me the presents that I want and not only will I be happy but all of NY and all of the Yankees fan will be happy too.
    Your wishes, then mine:
    #1: With three youngins, Pettite Wang and Mussina, we really don't need this.
    #2: Done, ARBY.
    #3: Damon for Jenks sounds like a conveinent pipe dream...sadly, no shot. I think we try Russ, and if he fails, then we bring up Horne or Marquez and see if they can pull a Joba...I like doing this from within.
    #4: FA 1B suck...we should just let Shelley or Andy do it...they both played reasonably well, if not better than that. Wait until Giambi leaves.
    #5: I like the idea, but we will be taking a bath...no one wants him, especially for 13 mil per.
    #6: NO NO NO...he's commanding 5-6 at 20 million per...I don't mind the first 2 or 3 but guarenteed he's done by year 4 or 5.
    #7: YES! But quality arms.

My wishes:
    1: Get quality Pen arms...convert a starter or two down in the Minors into relievers or deal them for something established.
    2: Start cracking in our youngins, namely Tabata and Jackson...I'd like to see them both start at AAA this year.
    3: Find a long term replacement for Jorge. We have no one in the system...if that means trading Jackson or Horne for someone like Wieters, do it.
    4: Don't bring in Clemens. Self-explanatory.
    5: If we keep our young OFs and they produce, look to be a seller on Bobby Abreu and Johnny Damon at the deadline, and crack in our youngins...I don't care whether or not we are in first, because their value will never be higher than this year's deadline.
    6: Acquire a young all-star. Tim Lincecum or Matt Cain with a C/1B/OF spec for Matsui? Do it. Make that splash.
    7: Unretire Mattingly's #. Simple...he ditched and showed his allegiance is not to the Yankees...who made the right decision. (I've never liked him)
    8: Give Girardi free reign. Let him do what he wants to, which is hopefully incorporating youngsters.