Thread: How do you feel about 4 years for MO?

How do you feel about 4 years for MO?

I was just watching ESPN and they reported that Mike Lowell is considering both the Red Sox and Yankees offers, and that Mariano Rivera wants a guaranteed 4 year deal. He's told his agents to explore the open market cause the Yankees are yet to offer 4 years. I've already expressed that I thought the 3 year deal was way to lucrative. Many of you Yankee fans said you were ok with it, because of what he has already done for the team. So how do you feel about a 4 year deal? I think at this point, all the players are just using the Yankees to suck every dollar out of either them or other teams that they can. It seems like if the Yankees aren't involved there is no one to drive the price up.

Re: How do you feel about 4 years for MO?

I feel slightly sick.

Cashman needs to get Cordero's agent on the phone to apply some pressure on Mo.

MLB.com is reporting it now. The New York Post is reporting that the Yankees have no intentions of upping the offer and that Mo will eventually take the ridiculous 3 year $45 million offer. Can't blame him for trying to milk the Yankees for all their worth though. Everybody else that has tried this year has walked away with a 5 Gal. bucket full!!!!!!

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News
    Last edited by Lance324; 11-16-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: added link

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It has been reported the only reason he wants the 4th year is because Hank Steinbrenner insulted his age in some way.

AAA ERA

What ever Mariano wants I'm ok w/, he took dicounts for many years out of loyalty to the Yanks and w/o him we definitely don't win 4 Championships. I know sentimentalty doesn't fly in negotiations but in this case I make an exception. give him the 4th year.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    It has been reported the only reason he wants the 4th year is because Hank Steinbrenner insulted his age in some way.
    Haha, if by mentioning that he is 38 years old is insulting his age, then yeah, I guess he did. Hank does love talking.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think it was wrose than that but who knows, it might have been just the way he said it