Thread: Lowell At First?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lowell At First?

The Yankees have been in contact with Mike Lowell's representatives about the idea of him signing to be their first baseman.
    If they're hoping to drive up the price for the Red Sox, there's been no sign so far that the team is interested in budging of its current three-year offer. Lowell is a poor fit for Yankee Stadium (plus the new ballpark in 2009 will have similar dimensions) and much of his value comes from the belief that he's an above average defender at third. If the Yankees really want to pay $50 million-$60 million for a 34-year-old unlikely to be much more than an average regular at his new position, the Red Sox should gladly let them and take their first-round pick in return.
    Bad move if the Yankees did this. They will overpay and give him the four year deal he wants. They have done it so far this offseason so why think they won't do it again. Find a real first baseman!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Lowell At First?

No thanks, I don't want him at first...keep Phillips and Dougie M. there for defense.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

No no no no no no

Let Duncan/Giambi split time. Who knows, Miranda might be ready by midseason.

If the overpayments to players already are any indication, then they will probably do this. More power to them!!!!!!!

#1 Reason not to sign Lowell: The Red Sox get our draft pick + a supplemental rounder.