Thread: Yankees | Chamberlain could remain in the bullpen if Rivera doesn't return

Yankees Yankees | Chamberlain could remain in the bullpen if Rivera doesn't return

Yankees | Chamberlain could remain in the bullpen if Rivera doesn't return
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:49:37 -0700 Anthony DiComo, of MLB.com, reports New York Yankees RP Joba Chamberlain could remain in the bullpen next season if the team fails to re-sign free agent CL Mariano Rivera. If Rivera returns, Chamberlain will move into the starting rotation.

MLB ERA

Re: Yankees | Chamberlain could remain in the bullpen if Rivera doesn't return

Ideally, no.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'll sum this up.

No Mariano = Joba as closer
    Mariano = Joba as starter
    Mariano will come back, therefore Joba will start.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Keeping Joba in the bullpen would be a poor move and it would fill me with giggles.

MLB ERA

Keeping Chamberlain in a bullpen role only makes sense if he has stamina issues or stops having a third pitch or something.

I would hope that even if he does start the season in the pen, he would most likely be moved into the rotation later in the year anyway once a viable replacement can be found. It would just buy the Yankees more time to figure out an alternative.