Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A-Rod Opts Out

MLB ERA

Re: A-Rod Opts Out

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Nice of A-Rod to opt out the day the World Series is won, thus stealing the headlines. I love it.

lol good point

All I hope is that he does not come to the National League

EDIT: Here is an interesting thought what if the Red Sox got him.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    I think if the NY fans didn't boo him last year, NY media didn't make bid deal about his 2 year playoff struggles, and if Jeter the captain of the team defended him last year, I'm pretty sure he might have not opted out.

But based on those circumstances I dont blame him one bit for opting out.
    Maybe he would've liked us to suck his dick too?
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by perforatededge54 View Post
    Maybe he would've liked us to suck his dick too?
    Like it or not, the crap he got was uncalled for. What goes around, comes around.

MLB ERA

He never hit in the postseason anyway.

Eric Duncan?

No, but seriously, I don't want Lowell, or Crede. I want a guy like Brosius to come and play, maybe even slide Andy over there, ad let him play it out versus Betemit.

If we can keep Abreu, Pettite, and Posada, we really don't need ARod. We just need all the defense we can get over there, with timely hitting, and good baserunning. If Giambi can produce in the DH role next year or if Damon and Matsui can produce for more than a month and a half the last thing I am is worried.

AAA ERA

Goodbye and good riddance. Now maybe we can get back to winning instead of worrying about the ARod circus.

Lowell's numbers in Yankee Stadium won't be that great, and his defense although it is still good has diminished some. It's another scenario where the Yankees will probably way overpay for him just to get him from the Red Sox only to regret it later, just like they did with Johnny Damon. Fenway Park makes Mike Lowell offensively, and he is worth more to the Red Sox than any other team. If the Yankees and Red Sox get into a bidding war for him I see a real bad contract coming out of it.

What is with Arod feeling compelled to anounce this while the World Series is still being played? What an asshole. I've disliked him since he signed the contract with Texas. I'll go on record stating that I sure hope he doesn't come to Boston. Hopefully he goes to the National League. He's just another guy that thinks he has to be in the headlines at all times, and if he isn't then he stirs up shit. Just like Roger Clemens and Curt Schilling, two more players I can't stand.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    He never hit in the postseason anyway.

Eric Duncan?

No, but seriously, I don't want Lowell, or Crede. I want a guy like Brosius to come and play, maybe even slide Andy over there, ad let him play it out versus Betemit.

If we can keep Abreu, Pettite, and Posada, we really don't need ARod. We just need all the defense we can get over there, with timely hitting, and good baserunning. If Giambi can produce in the DH role next year or if Damon and Matsui can produce for more than a month and a half the last thing I am is worried.
    Crede is just like Brosius, has some power and plays great defense. Crede is better than Betemit too. No way in hell he is your everyday third baseman.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324 View Post
    Just like Roger Clemens and Curt Schilling, two more players I can't stand.
    Wow.

As for 3B, I wouldn't mind Crede but I'd take Lowell at a 2-year deal. I wouldn't offer him 4 years like Damon but a 2-year deal would be good with me.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

An Andy/Betemit combo at 3B might not be so bad actually, and by not so bad I mean barely adequate for a year. Not sure what our options will be at this point, but obviously you can't replace A-Rod's production with one player. Cash is going to have to try to squeeze out more production from 1B in order to offset the loss of A-Rod. What we have in the OF is pretty much set. One thing is for sure, Cano has to step up and fill a role in the middle of the order if he likes it or not now.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324 View Post
    Lowell's numbers in Yankee Stadium won't be that great, and his defense although it is still good has diminished some. It's another scenario where the Yankees will probably way overpay for him just to get him from the Red Sox only to regret it later, just like they did with Johnny Damon. Fenway Park makes Mike Lowell offensively, and he is worth more to the Red Sox than any other team. If the Yankees and Red Sox get into a bidding war for him I see a real bad contract coming out of it.

What is with Arod feeling compelled to anounce this while the World Series is still being played? What an asshole. I've disliked him since he signed the contract with Texas. I'll go on record stating that I sure hope he doesn't come to Boston. Hopefully he goes to the National League. He's just another guy that thinks he has to be in the headlines at all times, and if he isn't then he stirs up shit. Just like Roger Clemens and Curt Schilling, two more players I can't stand.
    Why dislike him for making more money than his peers? I mean isn't that what every job requires no matter where you work? Isn't the object to work is to make as much money as possible and being the best at it? I bet you anything if another company offered you a an increase in salary wouldn't you take it? I mean thats a shitty logic to use to hate somone.

I don't dislike him for making more money than his peers. I dislike him because he signed a contract that compromised the rest of the team. Once he signed that contract he took up such a large portion of their payroll that he should have expected they wouldn't contend. Then he whined about them losing. Like I said, he always has to be the center of attention. He's not a team player, period. He is the epitomy of self centeredness.

As far as me working for someone else for more money. I wouldn't want more money if it was going to detract from what other employees were making. What the hell is the difference between $10 million and $25 million anyways? You can't possibly spend all that money every year, you can blow it, but not actually spend it on stuff you need. I'd take $5 million and a World Championship before $25 million and a sub .500 record every year anyday of the week.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: A-Rod Opts Out

you can thank Mr. Boras for that and the current state of baseball's economy.

I am a huge A-Rod fan, but I don't blame the Yankees for bidding for a contract extension or nes cntract, whatever.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    I think if the NY fans didn't boo him last year, NY media didn't make bid deal about his 2 year playoff struggles, and if Jeter the captain of the team defended him last year, I'm pretty sure he might have not opted out.

But based on those circumstances I dont blame him one bit for opting out.
    Screw him, if he's not mentally tough enough to accept deserved criticism he shouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Screw him, if he's not mentally tough enough to accept deserved criticism he shouldn't be here.
    Particularly when he's the games highest paid player!!!!! Pay me $1 million and you can trash told me all you want, and I won't complain a bit. He's brought it on himself, just like Boras anouncing this on the day the World Series is won, how can you not call him selfish and self centered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12