Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARod -- Will He Be Back In Pinstripes?

MLB ERA

Re: ARod -- Will He Be Back In Pinstripes?

I'm worth $30 million.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    I know how much you know about baseball.

Annual event? Do your ****ing research, he has had only 2 bad postseasons. 05-06
    97- .313 BA, HR, 2b, rbi 5 games
    00- .371 BA, 2hr, 2 2B, 7rbi 9 games
    04- .400 BA, 4hr, 5 2b, 8rbi 11 games
    07-.267 BA, 1HR, 1 rbi in 4 games

Yeah ok he doesn't come through in October.

While Jeter
    98- BA .235
    01-BA .225
    03 ALCS- BA .233
    04 ALCS- BA .200
    07- .176 BA

And Jeter has had more bad postseasons than Arod.

Only 2 bad potseasons? so hitting .230 and drivig in 1 this past postseason qualifies as good? he was good the first series and a half in '04 but since then he's done nothing. he had 1 RBI from game 5 of the '04 ALCS to Game 4 of the '07 ALDS. So that's 3 1/12 and out 4 bad postseasons w/ the Yanks. That's all that needs to be said. The fact that you are comparing his #s to jeter is laughable and proves you haven't watched them play in october.

You keep repeating 2 bad postseasons over and over again when clearly he has had 3 w/ the Yanks. 1 RBI in 4 games does not make a postseason good.

MLB ERA

Yup only two bad postseasons, the numbers are right there, and quit your *****ing about the 4 games against the Sox in 04, he still hit .400 in the 04 playoffs. Idiot.

MLB ERA

I know how much you know about baseball.

Annual event? Do your ****ing research, he has had only 2 bad postseasons. 05-06
    97- .313 BA, HR, 2b, rbi 5 games
    00- .371 BA, 2hr, 2 2B, 7rbi 9 games
    04- .400 BA, 4hr, 5 2b, 8rbi 11 games
    07-.267 BA, 1HR, 1 rbi in 4 games

Yeah ok he doesn't come through in October.

While Jeter
    98- BA .235
    01-BA .225
    03 ALCS- BA .233
    04 ALCS- BA .200
    07- .176 BA
    98-Moot point...we won the World Series.
    01-IIRC he hit .400 in the huge comeback against the A's...oh, and he had the flip then too. I'll take the one great series that year. Oh, and he did hit a walk-off HR in Game 4.
    03, 04, 07: 3 series? FYI, in 04, his .200 alcs was also with a .300+ ALDS... 03, he hit over .330 in the DS and WS... and by the way:

ARod: .279 BA, .360 OBP, .480 SLG, 41 H vs. 38 Ks...pathetic stats. That's like Scott Brosius/Wade Boggs playoff numbers...

I hate people who distort statistics to try and prove a point...Jeter is one of the best postseason hitters of all time. Period.

MLB ERA

As far as ARod returning Cashman said there is no way he's coming back if he opts out. Look it up.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yup only two bad postseasons, the numbers are right there, and quit your *****ing about the 4 games against the Sox in 04, he still hit .400 in the 04 playoffs. Idiot.
    Watch the ****ing games before you come in here and act like a know-it-all. Idiot.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Yup when Arod is hitting .400 in the 04 playoffs I watched all the games, and yes I know what I'm talking, ****ing douchebag.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

alright, relax with the name calling and what not... keep it civil with the stats. that goes to everyone, not just gf83.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

ah, nope. He is as good as gone.

AAA ERA

Typical response, playing well in the ALDs meant more than finishing out boston in your world. has Arod ever done anything wrong?

Explain to me how hitting .267 w/ 1 RBI in 4 games is a good series?

Jeter has played in 25 postseason series and had at least 1 RBI in 23 of them, ARod played 5 series w/ the Yanks and 2 of the 5 he had zero RBI. It was nice of you to cherry pick stats to bash jeter who was a huge part of 4 Championships but as usual you have no clue what you are talking about.

ARod's last 16 postseason games: .143, 1 RBI

Bubba Crosby in 8 postseason ABs has as many RBi as ARod in his last 56ABs.

That is all we need to know.

Yup when Arod is hitting .400 in the 04 playoffs I watched all the games, and yes I know what I'm talking, ****ing douchebag.
    He hit .400 against the Twins, he didn't hit .400 for the postseason in 2004. he hit .320 overall but .421 against minny and .258 against Boston and .000 in the last 3 games against Boston.

MLB ERA

I'm cherrypicking stats, just the same way you like to cherry pick stats to bash Arod.

You guys are over analyzing the stats. Here is the one stat that matters...

World Series Rings: Derek Jeter-4
    Alex Rodriguez-0

Irregardless of any other stats that you can come up with, Derek Jeter has demonstrated the ability to help find a way for his team to win it all over his career. On the other hand, Arod has never won and has never stepped up in the postseason when his team really needed him. It's not about personal stats once playoffs role around, it's about team performance. Just take a look at who has been winning championships, guys that play together and are a great TEAM. Arod is not a team player, period.

By the way, this is the first time I have ever supported Derek Jeter, and will probably be the last. I think he is very overrated, but one can not deny that he is a team player and that he comes through for his team more often than not.

GiantsFan, I wish SF would round up enough money to land Arod. Afterall, they need to pick up a selfish player to replace the one they are getting rid of... There are too many guys out there more selfish than Barry, but I think Arod may fit the bill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12