Thread: I hate to make this thread

MLB ERA

I hate to make this thread

Jeter is my favorite player but I feel bad for A-rod so I figured it was only right if I showed this....

Derek Jeter's stats..

By the numbers…

1- Team Wins

2 - Team Losses

369 - Days
    since Derek’s last Postseason RBI (10/3/06 vs Detroit via a solo HR)

- Number of pitches seen by Derek in his 12 at-bats

28 - Number of times Derek swung the bat this postseason

8- Number of times Derek put the ball into play this postseason

- Amount of times Derek has reached base this postseason

- Number of innings before Craig Sager mentions “the flip”
    Bugs & Cranks » Derek Jeter: Yo! I Got Your Eyez Right Here: ALDS Game 3

I still think Jeter is clutch and I still think Jeter is the man but this needed to be shown because A-rod is getting treated like crap.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: I hate to make this thread

Nice GIDP by Jeter to kill the 6th inning rally.

MLB ERA

Jeter blows. Well at least for now....
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Jeter is my favorite player but I feel bad for A-rod so I figured it was only right if I showed this....

Bugs & Cranks » Derek Jeter: Yo! I Got Your Eyez Right Here: ALDS Game 3

I still think Jeter is clutch and I still think Jeter is the man but this needed to be shown because A-rod is getting treated like crap.
    The 369 days since his last postseason RBI is pure nonsense, was he supposed to drive in postseason runs in July? he hit .500 last october, he struggled this october but still had an RBI so he wasn't as bad as ARod the previous 15 postseason games.

And if jeter never gets another big hit he's still ok w/ me as he's had so many- enough to last 5 careers.

Yeah but he will have more big hits. Thats the way he is. What A-Rod has done (last night excluded), is just... weird. It is baffling.

From Tom Verducci's latest article:

In those 59 at-bats, Rodriguez:

• went 8-for-59, a .136 batting average.

• batted with a total of 38 runners on base and left every single one of them on base. Not one did he drive in. He went 0-for-27, including 11 strikeouts, in at-bats with runners on.

• went 0-for-12 with a total of 17 runners in scoring position, driving in none of them.
    SI.com - Writers - Tom Verducci: Is A-Rod done in the Bronx? - Tuesday October 9, 2007 2:32AM

Small sample size? Yeah, but it is just crazy. And lets face it, as bad as those GDPs were for Jeter, those two strike outs for A-Rod against Byrd were just as disheartening.

But this is going in the wrong direction. They win as a team and they lose as a team. You can't sit around throw blame at players - great, HOF, players at that - for not doing this and that. They will come through eventually. What the team really needs to get fixed is that starting pitching, and that is why Joba Chamberlain needs to be in the rotation next year ladies and gentlemen.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Veovis View Post
    Yeah but he will have more big hits. Thats the way he is. What A-Rod has done (last night excluded), is just... weird. It is baffling.

From Tom Verducci's latest article:

SI.com - Writers - Tom Verducci: Is A-Rod done in the Bronx? - Tuesday October 9, 2007 2:32AM

Small sample size? Yeah, but it is just crazy. And lets face it, as bad as those GDPs were for Jeter, those two strike outs for A-Rod against Byrd were just as disheartening.

But this is going in the wrong direction. They win as a team and they lose as a team. You can't sit around throw blame at players - great, HOF, players at that - for not doing this and that. They will come through eventually. What the team really needs to get fixed is that starting pitching, and that is why Joba Chamberlain needs to be in the rotation next year ladies and gentlemen.
    Excellent 100000% true.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Unfortunatly for A-Rod, as long as he's a Yankee he will be in Jeter's shadow.

Jeter gets a pass with those four World Series rings and eight AL Pennants. Even if A-Rod wins a string of Series with the Yankees, he will always be under The Captain.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central