Thread: I'm not worried

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'm not worried

Why?

- The last 7 Division Series for us = we have won Game 1 three times and lost all those series, and lost Game 1 four times and won all those series.
    - We hit Sabathia well. One more hit in a big spot and we have 5 runs in 5 IP off him which is good, plus we definitely wore him down.
    - Our important bullpen guys are still fresh.
    - Pettitte is going tomorrow...he shoulda gone tonight but Torre is a moron who doesn't realize Wang has a 4.91 on the road and 2.75 at home.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Re: I'm not worried

Game 2 always seems to be the most important in our LDS history, obviously tonigh's game is critical. If we win we'll be in good shape.

Encouraging, yeah, but we can't use history as a crutch and think we've got the Indians right where we want them. Different teams. The Yanks just need to go out there and get a win tonight behind Andy. That is always the goal. Split on the road and back at home.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

I'm concerned. This will sound like heresy, but Mike Francesa made a good point today. Torre is babying the players on our team. In 1996 he benched Boggs, Martinez and O'Neill for Charlie Hayes, Cecil Fielder and Darryl Strawberry respectively.

Hideki Matsui is obviously not 100% and, consequently, is hurting the team. The Ghost of Melky Cabrera™ forgot how to hit sometime in August. Here's the line I'd like to see tonight:

LF Johnny Damon
    SS Jeter
    RF Abreu
    3B AGod
    C Posada
    DH Jason Giambi
    2B Robinson Cano
    1B Shelley Duncan
    CF Melky Cabrera

I wouldn't be against throwing Damon in center and playing Shelley in left and Mienkiewicz at first. At this point I think Mienkiewicz is more likely to get a hit than Cabrera.
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

Are you still sure about that even after Melky has an OF assist and a solo HR?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM