Thread: Cardinals - Yankees Series Thread

AAA ERA

Yankees Cardinals - Yankees Series Thread

Toughest series for the month of June. It is also an opportunity for the Yanks to prove that they are a contender. A couple of wins in St. Louis could propel the Yanks to a very successful 12 game home-stand.

Tonight: Chien-Ming Wang vs. Jason Marquis
    Tomorrow: Randy Johnson vs. Mark Mulder
    Sunday: Carl Pavano vs. Matt Morris

AAA ERA
    I have a feeling this is where we turn it around for good, 2 of 3 this weekend and then back home for a long homestand.

AAA ERA
    We can still take the series! Seriously, we need RJ to be '04 RJ and a win today. We need him to dominate today, we talk about this everytime he starts but he needs to be the old RJ(meaning the RJ of the past not the old version we have now ).

AAA ERA
    By the way, an interesting thought on this series:

Besides that they have met in the WS 5 tims(Cards have won 3 the Yanks 2) in the last decade they both nearly met in the World Series twice but both teams had hsitroic collapses in the LCS.

-In '96 the Cards were up 3-1 on the Braves but the Braves stormed back to win(and including the 2-0 lead on the Yanks I think it was the most dominating stretc I have ever seen by any team in postseason play) and meet the Yanks in the WS where the Yanks won in 6.

-We all know what happened last year when the Yanks choked away the ALCS.

The Yanks collapse was worse for a few reaons. We lost to our rival, we lost a 3-0 not 3-1 lead and SL lost to a better team. That Atl team was a GREAT team, not that Boston wasn't great but they weren't as good as '95-'96 Atlanta.

The Unit dominated; the Yanks won. That's how it should be.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Now, maybe I missed something, but what the hell is prompting Torre to sit Sheffield and play Womack today? Does this make sense to anybody?!

AAA ERA
    Day off for sheff. That makes sense. Unfortunately, Towack is the outfielder that goes in when one of them sits.

Tony Womack is useless. I'm going to the game tomorrow night, and I'm going to wear my voice out booing Womack if he even sets foot on my field.

Heh...I kinda liked the signing of Womack...not for that money though. They shoulda just kept Enrique "I made Boss trade for Mondesi" Wilson.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    I am very optimistic about this hoemstand. I think even though it ended bad w/ the pen blowing it yesterday that we have begun to turn the corner. Pavano has been very good his last 2 outings and we finally saw the real Randy and while we struggled mightiliy on this trip we didn't lsoe much ground since Bal & Bos also were struggling, I think this homestand we get it going for good. I want to see MINIMUM 9-4 on this homestand adn I think it's very realistic to expect that and we'll get things rolling a bit and get back w/in a few games heading into the AS break.

Rookie ERA
    This series was pretty disappointing. We finally saw the old Randy Johnson and we can't follow it up with a win. That's been the problem as of late. The Yankees have a game where they look real good and then the next day they lose again, like a light switch turning off and on. We're now 0-24 when scoring 3 runs or less And yesterday we recorded our eighth loss of June as opposed to our total of 7 in the month of June last year. If we don't do well this homestand then I'ma basically throw in the towel.

I attended games 1 and 2 of this series in St. Louis.

My question is why are still giving PT to Giambaroid? How can a team roll over one night and play like champions the next day? It comes down to Pride. Torre needs to emphasize pride thing on a daily basis. This won't get fixed on it's own.