Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Streak Watcher

ERA
    Call NASA
    Individual stats are meaningless. The result the team achieves by all players contributing to team success is paramount.

AAA ERA
    Then why bother creating a system to evaluate individual players?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    And here I thought I was tolerating most of you guys ramblings.
    Greatest reply ever.

I'm a joek mark to the fullest. If it was up to me, not only would he be admin of this forum, he'd be admin of life itself.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Then why bother creating a system to evaluate individual players?
    The purpose of the WIN METHOD is to uncover players who want the YANKEES to win. To reach the playoffs, win the pennant, and win the WS before and over any and every individual stat. As I have stated many times. I would rather have a player starting who hits .260 has 70 rbis 10 HRs and wins 7 or 8 games with clutch hits and doesn't cost any games in the field, than have a 40 HR .300 hitter with 110 rbis who wins 5 or 6 gmes with bat and costs 2 or 3 games in the field.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    Greatest reply ever.

I'm a joek mark to the fullest. If it was up to me, not only would he be admin of this forum, he'd be admin of life itself.
    Thank you, but now you have made yourself a target of the naysayers, doom and gloomers, and YANKEE haters.

Joek, I'm pretty sure he was sarcastic.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    love_that_reefer: A) Grow up. B) You'd be the first one to criticize the Yanks if they were losing to these teams, so just save your breath. You're just being typical Yankee-Hater-Guy, nothing we've never heard before.
    Hmark
    A) I am grown up
    B) I don't hate the Yanks
    C) I am the first one to give them credit when credit is due
    D) Baseball fan first and foremost so please don't try and analyze me since you know nothing about me.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Joek, I'm pretty sure he was sarcastic.
    Now that would mean I would have to take a negative attitude to a positive post. You, on the other hand have taken that negative attitude to a positive post.

I am pretty sure that the .324 hitter that leads MLB in HRs and RBIs has contributed to wins much more than than the .223 hitting Giambaroid win-method guy.

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Individual stats are meaningless. The result the team achieves by all players contributing to team success is paramount.

ERA
    Call NASA
    5 wins

6 series

16-2

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    I am pretty sure that the .324 hitter that leads MLB in HRs and RBIs has contributed to wins much more than than the .223 hitting Giambaroid win-method guy.
    That more than likely is true. However one plays everyday, the other part time. And the difference right now is minimal and not indicative of the statistical difference.

ERA
    Call NASA
    1 loss

6 SERIES

16-3

This loss exemplifies just how valuable the WIN METHOD is.. Just think of all the meaningless stats that where amassed by the bosux, and how they inflate individual stats and mislead. The WIN METHOD gives credit for one win in a 162 game season and that is all the game means and is worth. Two games played, both teams are 1-1 and one teams scores 20 runs and the other team scores 7. What a joke stats are.

AAA ERA
    This loss is just another loss, all that matters is tonight and hopefully winning another series.

ERA
    Call NASA
    E X A C T L Y ! ! !

ERA
    Call NASA
    The streaks are kaput.

To summarize. .800 baseball over the past 20 games. After a slow start and being last at the 1/4 pole, steadily advancing position, and in the thick of contention.

The best teams build character from losses and rebound. That is why they are the best teams. The bosux and YANKEES have proven that. Let us see what the Orioles do after getting swept by the Tigers. I wonder if any of the trolls are over on the O's board posting their garbage.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast