Thread: Detroit Tigers vs Bronx Bombers 5/25/05

Detroit Tigers vs Bronx Bombers 5/25/05

Going into the bottom of the 7th...4-2 Yankees.

Wang 6.1 innings pitched 2 runs. Anyone else wonder how Jaret Wrong will like the bullpen when he returns? I mean even Brown is pitching decent let along the kid Wang.

Jeter with 2 hits so far in his return. Any reason why we have to play that loser Giambi every night? I would rather Womack's bat in the linup let alone Sierra's. ARod also has a hit as well as Sheffield, Posada with 2 hits so far.

Going to the bottom of the 8th...4-2 Yankees lead.

1-2-3 inning for Gordon. Good pitching by Sturtze to get out of the 7th. Our bullpen certainly is becoming much more reliable.

Tanyon the Canyon continues to preserve leads outta the pen...can you believe he couldn't find a job 2 years back?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Players like that are called role players and are the true core of the championship teams. I recall in the mid to late 90's we had some guys that no one was exactly fighting to get on their team.

After 8 it is 4-2.
    Giambi 0-3. Posada intentionally walked to get to him and at least Torre pinch hitted Sierra for roid boy. I just don't get why he gets to play so much. He sucks.

Mo Rivera aka the Sandman closes it out with a scoreless ninth. Yanks win 4-2.

Awesome. Sierra finally seeing some action. Sierra, Canyon and Moose are my fav Yanks, all of whom have been clutch for us (except for Ruben, because roid boy is taking his lineup spot)
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Standings
    Baltimore 29-16 --
    Boston 25-20 4 back
    NY 25-21 4.5 back
    Toronto 25-21 4.5 back

Looky looky, we are almost on top on Boston for 2nd place. No too far from Baltimore.

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Tanyon the Canyon continues to preserve leads outta the pen...can you believe he couldn't find a job 2 years back?
    He is one of my proudest WIN METHOD recommendations.
    And what yet another great catch by Jeter racing into CF for another big time clutch play.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    Wang 6.1 innings pitched 2 runs. Anyone else wonder how Jaret Wrong will like the bullpen when he returns? I mean even Brown is pitching decent let along the kid Wang.
    There is a poll on yesnetwork.com front page about this. The question is Who Will go to the pen when Wright comes of the DL?

76% say Jaret Weaver.

ERA
    Call NASA
    As Joe Torre has stated many times. "These things have a way of working out, you never have an over abundance of anything". Joe has amazing way of playing the hot hand and it is possible no one goes to the bullpen. He could drop someone like Quantril, Stanton, or Groom. The options have having too much is a blessing.

Rookie ERA
    If Brown keeps pitching like this then no doubt it'll be Jaret. Wouldn't wanna mess up what we got going especially since he wasn't doing too hot before he went on the DL.
    As for Giambi, I think Torre figures the more AB's he gets, the better, but still though...he is getting a bit much especially considering there's players much more deserving of those AB's. Let him get those AB's in the minors. The continuous problem with him is that he takes too much pitches down the middle and pitches in the inside corner. I don't know if he just can't hit the inside pitch or if he's just taking too much pitches. Anyhoo, like I said, let him work on his problems in the minors.

Giambi won't go to the minors and he is really not getting any better. Off the juice maybe this is as good as it gets. I say time to negotiate a buyout and then release, if he has any honor left.

As far as Wright to the bullpen...a no brainer. 9.15 ERA.