Detroit:66-53 1st AL Central- New York:67-53 2nd AL East

When

Game One-8/16/07 7:05 ET
    Game Two-8/17/07 7:05 ET
    Game Three-8/18/07 3:55 ET
    Game Four-8/19/07 1:05 ET

Where: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York.

Game 1:Justin Verlander 12-4 3.58 ERA VS. Mike Mussina 8-7, 4.50 ERA

Game One Prediction:As much as this hurts to admit but I think that the Yankees will lose their third game in a row. Verlander is just to good of a pitcher to bet against. I mean we all saw what Bedard did to the line-up today. Tigers win: 5-2

Game 2:Nate Robertson, 7-9, 5.01 ERA VS. Andy Pettite, 9-7, 3.93 ERA

Game 2 Prediction:The Yankees will snap their three game losing streak (IMO) in the second game. The Yankees will send a HOF to toe the rubber and Pettite throw a strong outing. The bats will start up again and the Bronx Bombers will start bombing yet once again. Yankees Win: 6-2

Game 3:Chad Durbin, 7-5, 4.68 ERA VS.Roger Clemens, 4-5, 4.00 ERA

Game 3 Prediction:This game will be a good one, I think that the Tigers will hit Clemens ok. Now he may not be the Clemens of old but he still has some nasty stuff, although the Yankees do have the stronger line-up, which in turn will make them winners in this one. Yankees win: 3-1.

Game 4:Jeremy Bonderman 10-5 4.65 ERA VS.Chien-Ming Wang 13-6 4.09 ERA

Game 4 Prediction:I'm torn on this game, this will be a hard fought battle between these two power houses. I have a feeling A-rod will go off in this game so I am going to have to be a homer and go with my Yankees. Yankees win: 6-3.

Yankees win series, 3-1.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Re: Tigers@Yankees/Series Thread

I feel good about this series. We handled the Tigers in the regular season last year, and we are catching them while they are still somewhat in a funk.

Mussina has been pitching really well as of late, which will give us a good chance in Game 1. Wang is way past due to have a great start, so I imagine we will beat Bonderman in Game 4. I do fear Sheffield is going to go on a rampage against our pitching, though. Even so, I am optimistic that we will take 3 out of 4 against the Tigers.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'll echo the 3 out of 4 and I have a feeling we may even hit Verlander. Hopefully the 2 Oriole games were not the beginning of a prolonged slump. This is a HUGE series though and we at least need a split.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

VERY big series right here. We need to at least split against this tough Tiegrs team.

AAA ERA

At worst we have to split.

MLB ERA

Lets go Tigers.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

I'm going tonight...hope Moose doesn't blow.

MLB ERA

Thats awesome that your going to the game, to bad I live in Idaho so I can never go to the games.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Thats awesome that your going to the game, to bad I live in Idaho so I can never go to the games.
    Damn that sucks. Better attend a game before 2009.

Well, either Moose figures things out soon (5-1 with no out in the 2nd), or he risks handing them the whole series. Our BP is already tired. It can't cover Moose if he gets knocked out early.

JOSE REYES IS KING
    Rookie ERA

Looks like the yankees are in trouble
    already down 6-1
    http://www.getafreeappleiphone.com/i...ers/1167_4.gifpaid for my Jose Reyes jersey Yes it works you can try it too.Free money for quick easy surveys.For Pictures of my checks and tips check out my blog http://paid4mycamera.blogspot.com/

Well, 6-3 now after that Abreu homer to straight away center. I'd say we're still in it.

JOSE REYES IS KING
    Rookie ERA

We will see we will see
    http://www.getafreeappleiphone.com/i...ers/1167_4.gifpaid for my Jose Reyes jersey Yes it works you can try it too.Free money for quick easy surveys.For Pictures of my checks and tips check out my blog http://paid4mycamera.blogspot.com/

Here comes Shelley to pinch hit for Damon with two men on and 2 outs. Leyland is bringing in Miner to face him. I don't think I have to mention how big of a spot this is.

And Miner K's him swinging on a fastball down and in. Well, 9 outs left to catch up. Still time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast