Thread: Joba!

MLB ERA

Joba!

Yankees fans are dying to see Joba Chamberlain pitch, but Joe Torre would simply like to meet the young man first.

He'll get that chance today.

After yesterday's game, Mike Myers was designated for assignment and did not make the trip to Toronto. Chamberlain will be there and will be activated in time for this afternoon's game.

"I don't even know what the kid looks like," Torre said after repeated questions about the ballyhooed 21-year-old right-handed prospect. "I've seen him on television.

"Just to hear all the things I've heard about him, yeah, I am curious. I don't know when that (call-up) is gonna happen, but I am curious."

It's almost comical how well the 6-foot-2, 230-pounder is pitching.
    I'm really excited to see this kid pitch. Hopefully the injury bug doesn't get ahold of him.

Rest of story- HERE'S JOBA! | By MICHAEL MORRISSEY and GEORGE KING | New York Yankees
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

Re: Joba!

Wow! he was unreal last night in 2 innings of no hit wrk where he struck out 4 including striking out the side in the 8th.

I'm not sure who I am more impressed with, Joba or Hughes. Mr. Kennedy is not too far away either. Our pitching is looking damn good for the future. The A's had the Big Three, but I daresay we may have a four-headed monster with Wang, Hughes, Chamberlain, and Kennedy. Not to mention other wonderful prospects such as Betances, Sanchez, Brackman, Garcia, etc. I suppose one could keep T-Clip on that list still, although he has nowhere near the stuff of the others.

BTW, I'm back. I think for the first time in at least a year. How's everyone been doing?

AAA ERA

Joba aced his first test under pressure, it's too bad we can't count on him more b/c he is on a tight pitch count.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Welcome back Veovis!

Joba has been nothing short of spectacular so far. People are starting to make comparisons to Frankie Rodriguez in the Angels '02 run to the WS, and the stuff to match K-Rod is certainly there.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

At this point, my only concern with Joba is that they keep him in the pen next year. It is going to be awfully tempting if he continues on this way, but the organization can not lose sight on his potential future as a top of the rotation starter. How we replace Mo then, I don't know, but Joba's stuff is too good to waste in the pen.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

A potential Top 3 of Wang-Hughes-Chamberlain is enough to keep him out of the pen if you ask me. I still think Bruney can be a great setup man if (big if) he gets his stuff under control.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.