Thread: Yankees looking to extend A-Rod

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Yankees looking to extend A-Rod

ESPN - Yanks want to talk deal with A-Rod during season - MLB

I love it but it seems like a slap in the face to Jorge and Mo.
    Save Phil Hughes

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Yankees looking to extend A-Rod

It does, but A-Rod has got to be their biggest priority of the three IMO
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Arod has way more upside than Rivera or Posada. They know it so it shouldn't hurt. And IMO, this never happens.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

I think it will, A-Rod is one of those players who is so intently focused on his image that I'd imagine he wants to stay with a team like the Yankees. The only deal breaker will be money/years. I'm sure the Yankees won't skimp. Plus Boras and the Yankees have an excellent relationship, if you remember he gave the Yankees a discount on Carlos Beltran which they ultimately (and stupidly) turned down.

I'd say 70/30 he stays with the Yankees.
    Save Phil Hughes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You are right about his image which makes me sure he won't stay. If he were struggling or wasn't having the best start of his career, then I wouldn't think he would leave. But he is and showing that the fans/media doesn't get to him anymore if it ever did. Why stay in a town where people think you wear purple lipstick and cheat on your wife? I think his wife Cynthia has made it clear with that shirt she wore. **** you NY!

AAA ERA

It's crazy to give ARod more money, he hasn't earned it. he has been great this year but his first 3 years were a disappointment(even the undeserved MVP of '05) and he's been a complete embarrassment in October. if we get back this year and he performs well then give him a new deal but if not let him go and spend that money more wisely in other places.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    You are right about his image which makes me sure he won't stay. If he were struggling or wasn't having the best start of his career, then I wouldn't think he would leave. But he is and showing that the fans/media doesn't get to him anymore if it ever did. Why stay in a town where people think you wear purple lipstick and cheat on your wife? I think his wife Cynthia has made it clear with that shirt she wore. **** you NY!
    People think he cheats on his wife? really? i wonder why? maybe b/c he was photographed w/ a woman other than his wife leavingand entering various hotel rooms across the country. i am sure they just discussing hitting technique though and he obviously doesn't cheat

In Ny we want production when it counts, not up 7 runs in the 9th and not in April. We want it in big spots throughout the season(like he's done this year) and in october. We don't appreciate seeing a guy compile great #s, we want our team to win and for our supposed best player to be leading the charge. If he can't handle that he should go back to texas and put up great #s w/ no pressure.

MLB ERA

I think his wife Cynthia has made it clear with that shirt she wore. **** you NY!
    Do ya happen to have a picture of that?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

We need to do every thing in our power to keep him in NY

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Don't know how to post pictures in here.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Don't know how to post pictures in here.
    You have to put [ IMG ] before the URL of the picture and [ /IMG ] after...without the spaces though, I only did that so it wouldn't mess this up. You can also click the icon with mountains, in between the letter and the quote box above the post.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I think his wife Cynthia has made it clear with that shirt she wore. **** you NY!
    by the way, I think that shirt might have been directed at her cheating husband.