Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

Orioles Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

I say the Yankees sweep.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

I wouldn't be too sure. O's do have the home field advantage and all of their pitchers are doing great. All of the O's pitchers performed nicely in their previous starts, while the Yankees pitchers were all roughed up. I'll have to say that the O's get a series win here.

Man, if we lsoe to the Orioles, I'm not gonna watch another baseball game!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    You said that about the Giants, you know. And the Rockies.

Turn 2

Orioles Re: Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Be prepared then not to watch any more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    Be prepared then not to watch any more games.
    I'm having a feeling you hate the Yanks more than you love the Ratbirds.

Turn 2

Oh you know better than that young man. I hate the Yankees more than I even hate the Washington Redskins and that is alot.

I'm guessing you're a Ravens fan?

You only hate them because we have all the titles, while the Oriholes haven't won a AL east title since the Broncos won a SB

Turn 2

I am really not worried about all the Titles and the Al East titles I am worrying about World Series rings. And BTW your Yankees are in a major drought from getting one of them as well. Plus your team has spent way more $$$$$$$$$$$$ trying but NOT succeeding then the Orioles.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    I am really not worried about all the Titles and the Al East titles I am worrying about World Series rings. And BTW your Yankees are in a major drought from getting one of them as well.
    Wanna talk about major Droughts?

Yankees - Last title, 2000 - 6 year drought

Orioles - Last title, 1983 - 23 year Drought.

Think before you talk.

Turn 2

I know they haven't won since since 1983, but they also weren't spending too ton of cash and buying players left and right during there drought only to fail to win the big ones. That is the difference between most major leaague clubs and the Yankees. The other clubs try and win with what they are dealt with and a little cash and most fail. The Yankees on the otherhand have tried and tried to buy there championships and also have failed the majority of times. The is really sad.

Hey do you want to hear a fact?

The Yankees make so much money, that the Yankees had to give some money to the othher teams that needed it. The yankees are the most important franchise is baseball. And the Orioles don't compare.

Turn 2

The most important for what, trying to buy championships. That is ruining the game of baseball. The sharing of revenue is great and everything, but look the area in which the Yankees play have a much bigger market and fan base that can bring in more money off course. What brings in the most money though for the Yankees is the YES network. So you can sit on your pedestal and think the Yankees are Gods gift to baseball because they give Markets like Oakland or any other small market money funds. But you have to remember that Oakland and the other small markets are about 1/5 the size of New York City. It is still not good for baseball in general and a salary cap is what is needed in my opinion to set all teams on the same level.

It's not ruining the game of baseball. The dodgers and Cubs are in big markets too, and they don't make as much money. We make all that money is because the fans go to every game, the O's would have earned as much money if all their fans go to the games. We have the Yes Network, a channel dedicated to the Yankees and Nets, while the O's got MASN, who they share with the Gnats. The Yankees are god's gift to baseball, The Orioles are Satan's gift to baseball and I am not just sitting in the pedestal, I am standing on it, holding the torch so that the Oriole Birds can stay away.

Turn 2

The difference between the Yes Network and MASN is that the revenue from the Yes network gets put all into the Yankees. While Masn does not. It goes into Peter Angelos pocket. That is why he wanted full control over it. Still when it is all said and down this year Bronxbomberz, both you and I will be looking at another team jumping up and down on the field after they make the final catch and win the World Series. The difference is the Yankees will have these HUGE contracts to contend with and the Orioles wont. And those HUGE contracts did come back to haunt them. Just ask your fellow Yankees supporters about the 80's.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast