Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

Turn 2

Re: Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

Oh there trying to build within. A-Rod, Clemens, Abreau, Mussina, Damon. Come on they are still buying players it was just last month when they gave Clemens the s*** load of money. And in the late 90's from what I can remember because I was like 6, 7, 8 , years old they paid too much for Robbie Alomar, Bonilla, Belle, Baines. So tell me what the difference is from what the Yankees are doing having 5 players that they spent too ton of money on this year and the 4 to 5 players the Orioles bought back in the late 90's. The Yankees are still buying players to attempt to win championships. And they will probably add someone else as the trading deadline approaches. Like you said, it is not a smart thing to do, but the Yankees seem to still not learn the lesson. Just look at there old overpayed pitching staff.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    I'm know what else don't make sense.......

......people thinking the O's are gonna sweep the Yankees, unless the Yankees broke down.
    Seeing as how you're the only one who has predicted a sweep in this thread, I don't think that's a problem.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

Turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTribe View Post
    Seeing as how you're the only one who has predicted a sweep in this thread, I don't think that's a problem.
    Yes, I never really said that the Orioles were going to sweep the Yankees. I said the pitching match-up are good ones for the Orioles and if Bedard is able to make his start there is a strong possibilty of an Orioles sweep. I believe in the other thread I said the Orioles would take two out of three.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    Oh there trying to build within. A-Rod, Clemens, Abreau, Mussina, Damon. Come on they are still buying players it was just last month when they gave Clemens the s*** load of money. And in the late 90's from what I can remember because I was like 6, 7, 8 , years old they paid too much for Robbie Alomar, Bonilla, Belle, Baines. So tell me what the difference is from what the Yankees are doing having 5 players that they spent too ton of money on this year and the 4 to 5 players the Orioles bought back in the late 90's. The Yankees are still buying players to attempt to win championships. And they will probably add someone else as the trading deadline approaches. Like you said, it is not a smart thing to do, but the Yankees seem to still not learn the lesson. Just look at there old overpayed pitching staff.
    Did you actually read my post? i said we have been trying to buy a Championship this decade but it has proven not to work much like Baltimore in the 90s.

Turn 2

^ Sorry, I did read your post but misread it. I thought you were saying they were building within now and they bought championships back in the 90's. My bad. My point is though and I think you will agree that because they have tried to overpay this older players there franchise is going into a spiral downward at this moment. The pitching staff is in shambles for the Yankees. They really have to turn there perspective around.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    ^ Sorry, I did read your post but misread it. I thought you were saying they were building within now and they bought championships back in the 90's. My bad. My point is though and I think you will agree that because they have tried to overpay this older players there franchise is going into a spiral downward at this moment. The pitching staff is in shambles for the Yankees. They really have to turn there perspective around.
    I think they are building again, obviously the payroll is bloated and we have a ton of overpaid players but the farm has been restocked and as these players start coming up the need ro overpay for FAs or trades decreases. hopefully if we are still playing like this a month from now theyare sellers and acquire more young talent and shed some payroll.

Turn 2

That would be the smart thing for them to do. They do have some young pitching talent like Clippard and Phil Hughes, and Jeff Karsten. The sad thing is they have Doug Mientkiewicz went down and the Yankees had no one in there system to replace him effectively. They had to go with Utility vet. Miguel Cairo.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think they are building again, obviously the payroll is bloated and we have a ton of overpaid players but the farm has been restocked and as these players start coming up the need ro overpay for FAs or trades decreases. hopefully if we are still playing like this a month from now theyare sellers and acquire more young talent and shed some payroll.
    Nyjunk,Browntown

Do you honestly believe that if your still struggling your club will cut payroll? I for one don't see this happening. Not to may teams will want players that are not producing or the large contracts. Few teams can take on a large contract. If my club would step up to the plate, I would make a push for ARod and his 30 million a year salary. To have him for 80 + games a year at the dome would make his number increase by 15-20 homers and 30-45 Rbi's.

But again Polad wont ever do something like that. We have the prospects every team wants in the majors.

Finally I just don't see your club able to shed the payroll due to the cost of there salaries. If your club is playing bad by the all star break Torre will be the first one fired. Just my thoughts to this. I did not want to upset Browntown and bash your beloved Yankees.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Turn 2

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Nyjunk,Browntown

Do you honestly believe that if your still struggling your club will cut payroll? I for one don't see this happening. Not to may teams will want players that are not producing or the large contracts. Few teams can take on a large contract. If my club would step up to the plate, I would make a push for ARod and his 30 million a year salary. To have him for 80 + games a year at the dome would make his number increase by 15-20 homers and 30-45 Rbi's.

But again Polad wont ever do something like that. We have the prospects every team wants in the majors.

Finally I just don't see your club able to shed the payroll due to the cost of there salaries. If your club is playing bad by the all star break Torre will be the first one fired. Just my thoughts to this. I did not want to upset Browntown and bash your beloved Yankees.
    Very good post. Other than A-Rod not too many teams will take a flier on any of the other huge salaried aging vets like Mussina & Rivera. And I really don't see them putting Abreau or Matsui or Posada on the market. And definetly no one would want Giambi. Maybe they would be some interest in Pettitte.

We are playing like a little league team

Turn 2

Orioles Re: Yankees vs Ratbirds, I mean Oriholes, I mean Orioles!

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    We are playing like a little league team
    No the Yankees are up against one of the best pitchers in the league and it is showing. 7.0 innings, 2 hits, 0 ER, and 8 K's.

Game Over. Congrats O's.

Turn 2

Now the Orioles this season have a big 4-1 record against the Yankees.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So far, the O's are really tough against the Yankees. It's Wang vs Cabrera. Going by the numbers, Wang is the better pitcher, but if you take in how badly the Yankees are playing vs the O's, then I think the O's have the edge. Not just in actually playing the game, but mentally too.

Turn 2

HCG, I agree that right now Wang is the better pitcher, but overall stuff Cabrera is by far the better pitcher. If Cabrera could control his pitches he would be one of the best and feared pitchers in the league. We shall see which Cabrera comes to the mound tomorrow the wild one or the one with great command of his nasty stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast