Thread: Chien-Ming Wang...

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Chien-Ming Wang...

...is a motha-'effin BEAST.

A career high 10 strikeouts in 8 2/3 IP, for some reason Torre won't let him finish an 8-2 game which gets me mad...also got 3 double play ground balls. He is pitching just like last year and he is becoming more strikeout-oriented as well, which I guess works when you throw a 95 mph sinker...he is certainly coming into the "ace" mold of a pitcher.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Chien-Ming Wang...

his slider was absolutely filthy tonight, thats the difference between this year and last year. hes a tremendous pitcher, hes definitely the ace in my opinion.

His sinker isn't 95 mph but yea, he's been on fire. I was at the game last night, it was great, and yea that slider was on. With the addition of the change/slider from last year to this year he's becoming much more dominant and giving himself a better chance for a legit future

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A lot of people were expecting Wang to collapse this season, showing that last year's effort was just a mirage and this season all he has done is improved. He has raised his K/9, which while still isn't impressive, from 3.14 to 4.71 (getting respectable in that regard.) His G/F ratio has dipped by .50 (I still can't believe last season he threw nearly 500 groundballs) which isn't that bad considering he is still above 2.5. But I think the biggest change this year is getting his secondary pitches honed in and controlling the game more, his BAA has gone from .277 last season to .253 this season. Hopefully he keeps it up.