Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The start of a turnaround?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

The start of a turnaround?

0-2, 2 outs, Jon Papelbon on the mound...and the struggling A-Rod goes deep to right-center to win the game 6-5. That's a huge situation and especially because it's an 0-2 pitch against one of the top closers in the league. Perhaps now A-Rod will get out of his previously monthlong slump? It's good when he hits the ball to right field and center field as it seems he's been trying to pull more pitches this year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The start of a turnaround?

i felt that dink infield single he had earlier in the game was gonna get him out of his slump, the homer will just help. still, i look back to the last time we took 2 out of 3 from the mets and 2 out of 3 from boston and then proceeded to get swept by anaheim.

pettitte getting hurt last night puts any turnarounds in major jeopardy. if hes out any length of time... no chance.

MLB ERA

ESPN says he's not supposed to miss any starts.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

There will NOT be a Yankee turnaround! When your within 5 games of first I will worry then. Seem's like every season there's a topic started on a Yankee turnaround. I would enjoy this if there is no playoffs for the Yanks this season. Break up the 200 million payroll!

Ortiz should have tied it last night. How he is hitting the top of the ball is beyond me. That pitch should have been a monster homerun! But I guess the rain may have been the issue. Yes the Yankee's won the game.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Seem's like every season there's a topic started on a Yankee turnaround.
    And seems like every season there is a turnaround.

OK, we get it already, you don't like the Yankees...

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

How did you guess? is your pm box full by the way?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

a) I'm a genius and b) no, you just PMed me

Honestly, this thread was more about A-Rod than the Yankees in general anyway.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    i felt that dink infield single he had earlier in the game was gonna get him out of his slump, the homer will just help. still, i look back to the last time we took 2 out of 3 from the mets and 2 out of 3 from boston and then proceeded to get swept by anaheim.

pettitte getting hurt last night puts any turnarounds in major jeopardy. if hes out any length of time... no chance.
    We took 1 of 3 against the Mets hen 2 of 3 against Boston but I agree w/ what you are saying. Let's see them actaully put together a decent run, a 7 of 10, 10 of 15 run then I'll start to believe we've turned a corner.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Boston is too strong and deep for the Yankees to catch them this year. Notice I said this year. Past seasons do not play any part. Yankees pitching is still suspect while the Red Sox is solid. That and they are currently in 4th place in the East. Wild Card is their best shot and that's a long shot too.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Boston is too strong and deep for the Yankees to catch them this year. Notice I said this year. Past seasons do not play any part. Yankees pitching is still suspect while the Red Sox is solid. That and they are currently in 4th place in the East. Wild Card is their best shot and that's a long shot too.
    There's still alot of baseball to be played, it's a long shot to make up 13 games but it's not impossible and 3 days ago we were just 5 out of the WC now we are 7. The WC is not a long shot considering we are w/in strikig distance and still haven't played well all year. Obviously if we play poorly all year we have no chance but at some point this team s going to start clicking.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Yankees are 7.5 games back in the WC but have seven teams who are above them, three of which are far better than the Yankees. Sure they can do it but not with the team they have now and the recent trade rumors that the NY media have made up are just laughable. Jermaine Dye? Helton? Teixeira?

AAA ERA

6 games back in the L column now of the WC. Again, the season is far from over. By the AS break I think we'll be w/in a couple of games.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: The start of a turnaround?

teixeiria is possible, he is a FA after '08 and the Rnagers may want to get something worthwhile with his commodity (stock) is still high!!! Also Boras is his agent, highest bidder please, drum roll, (probably the Yankees anyways!)

They need pitching for this year anyways, another bat IMO, is NOT the Iverson (I mean, answer!) hahaha..

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If they need pitching, then the Yankees aren't the team. The Dodgers or Angels would be a better choice. Also Boras has no control over anything to do with a trade.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: The start of a turnaround?

I know that Boras doesnt have any control over a trade, but i meant that if Teixeira isnt started to talk extension with the Rnagers or seem intersted in doing that either. The Rangers shoould consider at least listening to offers for him, if he has NO plans on re-signing. And with Boras as his agent, chances are, he will go to the highest bidder! that is all i meant to say, just did not elaborate, my bad! My wife yells at me for that all the time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast