Thread: Dear Yankees Fans,

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dear Yankees Fans,

Stop drafting the players I want. With the 574th pick, which is insane he fell that low, have fun with Chris Carpenter. He could move fast and be a pretty good setup man sooner than later. I mean he is not a franchise definer, but I still can't get over him falling that low with no one taking a chance on sign him, signability had to be a mega concern.

Ugh.

Focus Area
    Comments
    Fastball:Carpenter has plus velocity, pitching in the 92-96 mph range. Slider:Carpenter will flash an above-average slider at times. Changeup:Carpenter has a changeup, but it's a below-average pitch. Control:Right now, his command is below-average, but it projects to be average. Poise:He's got average makeup, but he does pitch tentatively at times, perhaps because of past injuries. Physical Description:Oddly, he does have some similarities with Chris Carpenter, the big-league pitcher, but a better comparision might be Ryan Wagner. Medical Update:Carpenter had "Tommy John" surgery in 2005 and had his knee scoped in 2004. Strengths:He has a big arm with two plus pitches. Weaknesses:Injuries. He's had some trouble staying healthy, something sure to worry scouts. Summary:Carpenter has a big arm with a plus fastball and a slider that is often above-average as well. That two-pitch mix will be enough for him to perhaps be a setup guy at the next level rather than a starter. His health is a concern (Tommy John surgery in 2005) and might scare some people off, another reason why perhaps a bullpen role would be a good choice.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Dear Yankees Fans,

Basically, it might not matter where the Yankees are in the draft order every year. They are going to get strong players every pick due to the ability to spend money. I applaud the big guy for this.

The Yankees system will be restocked in no time

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

did it last year too, getting betances in the 8th, and there was somebody else he got late due to signability. i like... no love... their willingness to put some money into the draft, as opposed to just signing a 38 year old on his last legs.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

mwahahaha...another Chris Carpenter
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    The Yankees system will be restocked in no time
    It's been restocked for a while...just nearly none of them are major league ready.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Dry and Yankee's fans:

You continue to rebuld your team I will give you that, but every season you deal off some elite specs for pitching. Don't get me wrong on this but why not hold on to what you have and sit on your club? What is a season not making the playoffs? You get in and lose so why not wait on the kids in the system? I know your going to say " were the Yankees" It is playoffs or else type comment correct? I hate to say it but, I would love to have Steinbrenner run the Twins! He would do what is needed for my club.

Steinbrenner's spending and lack of the World Series Championship has got to be pissing him off. Will Torre and the staff keep there jobs?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Yeah, the Red Sox pull this stuff too (see Anderson, Lars from last year) and I personally love it, since it's my team. They did it again this year with Middlebrooks, Grandal, Tepesch, Presley, Grimm, and so on. If the Sox sign Middlebrooks and one of the other four, I'll be very happy.

Last year, they signed Anderson and let Laporta walk: Anderson's probably a Top 100 prospect now and Laporta was drafted 7th. Eh.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Dry and Yankee's fans:

You continue to rebuld your team I will give you that, but every season you deal off some elite specs for pitching. Don't get me wrong on this but why not hold on to what you have and sit on your club? What is a season not making the playoffs? You get in and lose so why not wait on the kids in the system? I know your going to say " were the Yankees" It is playoffs or else type comment correct? I hate to say it but, I would love to have Steinbrenner run the Twins! He would do what is needed for my club.

Steinbrenner's spending and lack of the World Series Championship has got to be pissing him off. Will Torre and the staff keep there jobs?
    George/Cash are now focused on keeping our young guys in case you didn't notice (Hughes, Cano, Melky, etc.) so unless you posted this pre-06 im not sure what you're talking about

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYY View Post
    George/Cash are now focused on keeping our young guys in case you didn't notice (Hughes, Cano, Melky, etc.) so unless you posted this pre-06 im not sure what you're talking about
    Agreed Cashman has been keeping his prospects for quite some time. At some point he has to get some credit for taking on less and less has-beens and loading up on youth. And the fact of the matter is Cashman stood up to "the powers that be" to have the right to keep them, The Boss obviously concured with him because Cashman re-signed after coming to this agreement.

Cashman may be this or that I don't know him well enough to know for sure. But what thing he's got going for him is he is a small market mind with a large market wallet. That has to eventually bear fruit, IMO. Problem is he may not be around long enough to see it come to fruition.

But I'm a Reds fan so it has little effect on me, just giving Cashman props from afar for having some balls and common sense.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah, if people have been paying attention, they'll notice that the Yankees are reloading the minor system, specifically pitching prospects...people just tend to think "Yankees" and "no minor league system" which really has no grounds to support it.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

not only that, but when any player seems to put on a Yankee jersey, they seem to elevate their performance. Knowing that the Yankees are always going to be in the hunt for the play-offs and/or the W.S. The only exception to this perception may be Randy Johnson. I mean, who wouldn't, if you truly want to win the W.S. ring. People just seem to step it up a notch when they are in a Yankee uniform, plus they have always produced talent.

^That's simply not true. There are many players that can't perform in the New York spotlight and have a lot of success elsewhere (For lack of a better example right now: Jose Contreras)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Dear Yankees Fans,

Well there are always exception to the rules. And after further thought about me previous post, I suppose I was off a bit. I just feel the Yankees have always done a good job with home growing their talent. I think "the win now philosophy" bites the in the butt at times. They are willing to trade top-prospects at times for an instant fix. I think they are realizing that it is important to keep those high prospects for their own future. They are doing a real nice job of re-loading right now.

If players perform better with the Yankees its just cause the Yankees are usually a better team then the team they use to be on lol. But yea the re-loading is going well.. still mixed with some win-now, in that we still have a team that can win now, andd we're loading our minor league system at the same time, meaning the Yankees will be the Yankees for years to come!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Dear Yankees Fans,

I agree with you!!!