Thread: Torre is ready to make a run for the title

Torre is ready to make a run for the title

MLB.com: Pitching is deep, and beleives they can get far into the post season

LAKELAND, Fla. -- The Yankees broke camp on Friday, finishing up the exhibition season with a 4-3 loss to the Tigers at Joker Marchant Stadium to finish with a 14-15-1 record in the Grapefruit League.

New York opens its season on Sunday night at home against the Red Sox, and manager Joe Torre feels that his team is ready to make a run at its 27th World Series title.
    Glad to see this type of mindset. I think the Yankees can do very well in the post season and make it to the world series.

I am sure he felt the same way last year tho.

Ya. I agree. Some teams don't start off the season saying I think we can make a run for the title like the Devil Rays, like a Tigers team, or Royals. An accomplishment for them to just make the playoffs or get a certain amount of wins. So it's always good to see a team go in with this type of mindset.

I think we all are ready for a title.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Definitely. Been 4 years? Gone by so fast.....

We definitely have the team to do it this year.

To quote someone, there are four year olds out there who have never seen the Yanks win a World Series. We have to put an end to that.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    HAHA 4 years and it's almost too long.

I imagine for Yankees fans though they need their WS now. I don't blame them. You get used to winning like that. I wouldn't be surprised if they won it all. I think they will but they could always choke or get injured.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle