Thread: Yankees thinking of trading for pitching?

quick the shark repellent
    Rookie ERA

Yankees thinking of trading for pitching?

If so what do those knowledgeable about their organization think they may be targeting and what would they be willing to give up? I am a reds fan through and through and would love to give you guys Eric Milton. I hear he is a very good pitcher that would love to be in pinstripes

However the reds do actually have some pitchers you guys might be interested in mainly; Lohse, Belisle, Harang or Arroyo. Not to mention Bailey himself.

What do you guys think about the reds/yankees as trading partners

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Yankees thinking of trading for pitching?

honestly, i would assume the yankees have enough pitching. they call up 7 young guys a month, and they go through their struggles true indeed... but desalvo, clippard, hughes, rasner all have been promising at least one start this year. then factoring in pettitte, moose, wang and clemens... i think theyre pretty set in the rotation. the offense's struggles have been killing the team lately.

i would have no problems packaging something together not featuring phil hughes to get homer bailey though, thats for sure.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No way the Reds give up Bailey, Harang or Arroyo. NO way the Yanks want Milton, Lohse or Belisle. No way you can honestly tell that Desalvo, Clippard or Rasner is the real deal or not. The Yankees need some REAL help and aren't going to find it anytime soon. Teams are still in races. Yanks need a sweep right against the Red Sox to get back in the East.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

well hughes comes back beginning of june, which is kinda sometime soon in my opinion... a rotation of clemens, pettitte, wang, mussina, hughes is pretty good in my opinion... i dont know which spot we would need REAL help over, maybe mussina. no team in the league has 5 premiere starters, even the red sox have julian tavarez, so im cool with a 5th starter of mike mussina.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I can't see the Yankees and Reds as trading partners honestly, they just don't really match up.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.