Thread: Clemens joins the Evil Empire!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Clemens joins the Evil Empire!

Here is the story! From Yahoo.com sports.

Clemens rejoins Yankees<
    Clemens rejoins Yankees<

By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer
    May 6, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Roger Clemens returned to the New York Yankees, making a dramatic announcement to fans from the owner's box during Sunday's game against the Seattle Mariners.

At the end of the seventh-inning stretch, Yankees public address announcer Bob Sheppard told fans to turn their attention to the box, where Clemens was standing with a microphone. As the video scoreboard in right-center televised Clemens, the seven-time Cy Young Award winner made the announcement himself.

"It's a privilege to be back," he said.

Clemens agreed to a minor league contract and most likely will join the Yankees after several weeks getting into shape.

I hate this signing. Clemens is a suck ass baby that only pitches when he wants to. I wish I could work ONLY when I want to. I have a feeling Petette ( or however it is spelled) got Clemens back in NY. I hope Clemens gets hurt and finally retire's from baseball. Contract was a minor league contract but if he makes the club which he will, the contracts will be for what 18 million for 5 months of work?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA

Re: Clemens joins the Evil Empire!

Welcome back Roger.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Clemens joins the Evil Empire!

was there any doubt here? I think not. can we all say DUH!!!!

big question is, Is Roger the answer? By the time he gets back, will it be too late?

Well Yankees fans, enjoy and good luck. If he is your savior, then may you all be happy.

I didn't hear, is Roger going to travel with the team, or is he going to get to stay home?

MLB ERA

It's Roger they will let him do anything he wants.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    was there any doubt here? I think not. can we all say DUH!!!!

big question is, Is Roger the answer? By the time he gets back, will it be too late?

Well Yankees fans, enjoy and good luck. If he is your savior, then may you all be happy.

I didn't hear, is Roger going to travel with the team, or is he going to get to stay home?

Too late? We are already playing well again and we are just 5 games back- as long as we don't frop 10 games out we'll be fine. 2 years ago on this date we were 10 out in the loss and 7 behind Boston(Baltimore was in 1st). We aregoing to be fine and we were going to be fine w/ or w/o Roger but obviously it's better to have him.

MLB ERA

Like I said I hate Clemens. May he get ass pounded in the Minors and deside it is time to QUIT! 28 million dollars for 5 months of work. Is this worth all the money?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Like I said I hate Clemens. May he get ass pounded in the Minors and deside it is time to QUIT! 28 million dollars for 5 months of work. Is this worth all the money?
    You know very damn well he will dominate the minors. Its all about what he does when he is "ready"...in other news Brett Farve still hasn't decided to throw passes for the NFL yet.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Porter.

Since when are you a Clemens supporter? He has owned you club for how long? All I am saying is why at 45 years old do you want to continue with baseball? He has his rings what else do you want him to do? every team except the yanks wanted him at the start of the season. What the hell makes it right for a guy to only play when he wants? If I was a Yankee player I would be pissed off that he does what he want and makes 18.5 million. The rest of the money goes to the cheap teams.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

good for roger. too bad theres so much hate there. if you were that good at something you would most likely do the same thing. May as well get the money. He may not be worth it to you, but hes certainly worth it to the yankees and they are the only one who matters.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Thank you rockin.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    good for roger. too bad theres so much hate there. if you were that good at something you would most likely do the same thing. May as well get the money. He may not be worth it to you, but hes certainly worth it to the yankees and they are the only one who matters.

because the yankees are the only team dumb enough to offer that amount of money.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

because the yankees are the only team dumb enough to offer that amount of money.
    theyve got the money. george isnt getting any younger and he cant spend the money when he's six feet under, so he may as well spend it now.

sure its a lot of money, but they HAVE a lot of money.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Clemens joins the Evil Empire!

I would have enjoyed watching your beloved Yankees win or bounce back without Mr. Retirement. I have lost all "whatever" for Clemens. Spoiled overpaid, but very-good pitcher.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah it's really dumb. It's not like we've started 10 different pitchers in 30 games. It's not like we're 5.5 games out. It's not like we have more injuries than almost any team in the majors. It's not like we've had 4 starters make their major league debut. And it's not like we have the money.

What an awful move! Why we would ever acquire such a front-line starter, one of the best in baseball? Steinbrenner has lost his mind!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.