Thread: Wright to make start vs the Indians

MLB ERA

Yankees Wright to make start vs the Indians

Well I can't say that I am happy with this because why in the world did they bring up Wright and not Hughes? There must be some good explanation for this but I can't figure it out so can somebody help me with this because I am still kind of scratching my head but if there is any body to trust it is the Yankee's front office. It will be interesting to see if this kid can be an elite pitcher in this league. The Yankees are going to need him to fill a major role in that rotation. I can't imagine what emotions he has right now knowing that he is going to make his first major league start but he isn't making the start for a dumpy team he is making his first start for the New York Yankees! Man that would be a dream come true. Good luck tomorrow Chase I'm sure your gonna need it!
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

Re: Wright to make start vs the Indians

Hughes has been struggling all year, they don't want to rush him up b/c of it. Hopefully he settles down and starts performing again and he'll be up my midseason.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

They must know something we don't to bring up Wright over Hughes. Although when I hear the words "Wright" and "starting for the Yankees" I still cringe...
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    They must know something we don't to bring up Wright over Hughes. Although when I hear the words "Wright" and "starting for the Yankees" I still cringe...
    I did too when I saw the title of the thread.

I don't think we can read too much into Wright coming up over Hughes, it's not a long term decision. hughes has struggled and they want him to regain som confidence before he faces big league bats.