Thread: Chase Wright!

MLB ERA

Chase Wright!

Five innings pitched, 5 earned runs, 3 walks, 3 strike outs and one home run! Chase really impressed me. I guess the Yankees front office was right yet once again! Now I can't wait to see Hughes pitch but he shouldn't be rushed into it which is obvious that the Yankees aren't doing that. He has really got some nasty stuff. I am calling it right now Chase Wright will win a Cy Young in his career. This may sound like a bold statement but I could see it happening.

Got farm?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Chase Wright!

Well, I don't want to rush anything, after all he's only had one decent start. However, I was impressed with the way he pitched for a first game...the main thing is he gave us a chance to win and he hung in there to give us 5 solid innings. Cleveland is a pretty good hitting team and giving up a HR to Travis Hafner is nothing to be ashamed of. But it was a nice way to start things off and I hope he continues to pitch well if needed for the club this year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Cy Young? ... Really?

A guy that spent 6 years in A or below (no joke), with sleeper potential some of the better outtakes I've seen on a guy who some feel has average pitches outside of his curve. I am not saying I know everything about the guy, obviously I don't and I didn't see the game, but to predict a Cy Young after a start like that is... well, optimistic to put it nicely.

MLB ERA

Optimistic is my middle name . I know I know after I posted it I realized wow did I really just say that? Lol so I admit it is pretty optimistic but don't be suprised if he does.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

he throws a plus changeup in addition to that curve... at least based on tonight. hits 89 tops on the fastball though.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Regardless of how good his stuff is or isn't, I am still concerned that if over the longhaul is he ready for the big leagues. I've heard some Yankees fans prior to this game talk about him as if he is a stopgap, and again my knowledge of him is limited outside of a few reports I read this offseason, but making the jump he did in terms of levels (especially on the stage that is Yankee stadium) could either bring out the best in him from the get go or hit him hard when he starts struggling or picking up losses.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    he throws a plus changeup in addition to that curve... at least based on tonight. hits 89 tops on the fastball though.
    I've heard about the changeup too, but not all that I read mentioned it so I didn't know if it was confusion based on one scout who others just copied off of since it was a lower level prospect. Thanks for clearing up that though.

AAA ERA

he was decent, not very economical but got the job doen. i can't say I have condifence in him yet but I liked what i saw.