Thread: Just get Pavano off of the team!

MLB ERA

Just get Pavano off of the team!

The "American Idle" is stalled again.

Two starts into a season in which the Yankees desperately need him, Carl Pavano's status is in doubt again.

Due to muscle soreness in his forearm/elbow area, the right-hander has been scratched from today's start against the anemic-hitting Athletics at the Coliseum and replaced by Darrell Rasner.

"I felt it the last couple innings of my last start [Monday]," said Pavano, who added he also felt discomfort while playing catch Tuesday and Wednesday. "It was just a little tight."

Manager Joe Torre and Pavano predict he will start Tuesday against the Indians at Yankee Stadium. Based on Pavano's Yankees history, however, that wouldn't be a wise bet. The right-hander missed the second half of 2005 with a shoulder problem and all of last year due to back, buttocks, elbow and rib injuries.

Mike Mussina was supposed to start Tuesday, but has been scratched with a strained left hamstring.

"It's pending on if [Pavano] feels well enough to do it," Torre said. "If he isn't, we will have somebody here."

Should Pavano not be able to post, the Yankees are leaning toward promoting lefty Chase Wright from Double-A Trenton. Wright has been dynamite in two Eastern League outings.

Pavano, who is slated to throw in the bullpen today, said the current problem is not related to the bone chip he had in the elbow last summer that led to an operation.

"It's in a totally different spot than what I felt last year," Pavano said.

As for Mussina, he played catch yesterday and will throw off a bullpen mound tomorrow. In the best-case scenario, he will avoid going on the disabled list and start Saturday or Sunday in Boston.
    It was just a matter of time before this happened. We all knew it was going to and now it has. He is such a waste of money, the Yankees really just need to get ready of the old washed up guy. The only thing he produces is runs and anti-biotics. If the Yankees don't do something with their rotation soon and I mean soon they are going to be in some deep chiat. I don't know about you guys but I'm getting a little nervous right now. Plus why would they bring up Chase Wright instead of Phil Hughes?

ELBOW MAKES PAVANO INTO 'IDLE' ... AGAIN By GEORGE KING - Yankees - New York Post Online Edition
    ^^Story
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Just get Pavano off of the team!

And who would you propose we replace him with? Right now we have too many other concerns to cut him loose, and he's only missing a few days anyway. I for one don't know why we would bring up Wright over Hughes, but I'm sure the organization knows better than me...it may have to do with days of rest as well.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

He's not going on the DL, they are just being cautious w/ him.

AAA ERA

So now he is going to the DL along w/ Mussina. Oh well, bash away.