Thread: A-Rod Will Go With Out Whimper

MLB ERA

A-Rod Will Go With Out Whimper

1. Alex Rodriguez lost 12 pounds and freed his mind of having to fake like he is still pals with Derek Jeter. But all will again not be well with him. His footwork on defense looks like this is his first year at third base, not his fourth. In yet another desire to fit in, he continues to try to be part of the Yankeesą patient style by letting hittable pitches go by rather than be the hunt-and-kill aggressor he was in Seattle and Texas. His last year as a Yankee will be marked again by inexplicable spurts of failure on offense and defense, making his decision to chase the longer-term millions by opting out as a free agent after the season even easier.
    A-ROD WILL GO OUT WITH WHIMPER By JOEL SHERMAN - Yankees - New York Post Online Edition
    ^^Rest of article.

This was an intersting article IMO. I think the part that stood out to me the most was the part where they talked about first base. I think that Doug will do just fine there but Matt Holliday or even Nick Swisher would do a better job then Doug. If the Yankees really wanted those players though I am sure they would have gone out and gotten them,thats just how they are.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Holliday is too good of an OFer to play first base so this guy doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. I hope Arod does leave NY after this season because I am tired of hearing about it and the Giants will have a shot at getting him.

AA ERA
    I about had a heart attack when you said Matt Holliday. I was like, the Rockies didn't trade him already did they?!?!?
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle