Thread: Torre:I'd Return

MLB ERA

Yankees Torre:I'd Return

Joe Torre yesterday gave a beefy indication he wants to return next year to manage the Yankees.

On the way out of a Legends Field bullpen where Andy Pettitte had thrown 25 pitches to start a perfect Florida morning, Torre was asked by The Post if he wanted to work in The Bronx beyond this season.

"I'm enjoying myself," said Torre, beginning his 12th season at the helm of George Steinbrenner's collection of expensive players with super-sized egos. "If that tells you something, then that tells you something."

Translated, the 66-year-old Torre, a lame duck at the moment, would like to continue as the Yankees' pilot.

Asked if he told Yankees brass he wanted to remain in the dugout, Torre said no, but admitted there have been preliminary talks recently about the subject.

"I haven't asked," Torre said. "Cash (Brian Cashman) and I have talked casually about down the road, but nothing official. But I am having fun this spring."
    Rest of article.....JOE: I'D RETURN By GEORGE KING - Yankees - New York Post Online Edition

The only way that Torre will not come back is if the boss forces him out for not winning it all this year. Torre loves New York and he wants to stay there he has made that clear.....I could see him getting thrown out if the Yankees don't win the WS this year.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AA ERA
    I think it'd be a mistake to leave that job unless forced to. It's just who Torre is right now. I'm sure the money isn't bad either.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle