Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joek,

Yankees Joek,

Make me a team full of your so-called WIN METHOD players. One at every position, five starters, 3 relievers, set up man, and closer. I'll match that with my team. See what public opinion entails.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

ERA
    Call NASA
    For last year, I'll take the bosux team.
    My players won the WS.
    None of the players you select did.
    My players proved to be the best.
    If anyone in the public wishes to deny that, they can only look foolish.

Ok, go ahead.

1B: Albert Pujols>Millar
    2B: Marcus Giles>Pokey Reese
    3B: Scott Rolen>Mueller/Youkilis
    SS: Tejada>Cabrera
    LF: Carl Crawford<Manny
    CF: Andruw Jones>Damon
    RF: Vlad>Nixon

SP: RJ>Schilling
    SP: Hudson[push]Pedro
    SP: Smoltz>Wakefield
    SP: Mulder>Arroyo

RP: Lidge>Anyone there
    RP: Rivera>Anyone there
    SU: Gagne>Anyone there
    CP: K-Rod[push]Foulke

Hmm...

ERA
    Call NASA
    My guys all have won WS rings most recently/ They are the best and have proven it in competition. you also have some of my guys on your team. I don't think they can play for both of us. Realistic conclusion....my guys beat your guys and my guys have proven it.

You, sir, are a delusional person.

Without being insulting, continuing our ARod conversation...

I guess I do not get the knock on ARod for his choice of teams he was going to. You knocked him for choosing on 2 occasions someone other than the Yankees. The 2nd time he would have gone to the BoSox and won a World Series conceivably.

ERA
    Call NASA
    That is an element of the WIN METHOD. You MUST want to play for the YANKEES. Arod on 2 occasions was willing and signed for other teams, one was voided and that is how he wound up a YANKEE. He could have been a YANKEE when he originally was a FA, but it was not important to him. Players like that belong on the other teams. And I personally feel if Arod had signed with the bosux they would NOT have won the pennant, and the YANKEES would have #27 already.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    You, sir, are a delusional person.
    Sir, if you think that claiming the World Champion players are the best is delusional, then think for a minute, what you may be for thinking that a congregation of also rans would be better.

Rookie ERA
    UUGGGHHH!

I feel like the Aflack duck in that commercial with Yogi.

Okay. I kinda get where Joek is coming from; he basically says that his people are good because they win; I say my people are good and will win.

ERA
    Call NASA
    You have hit the nail on the head. The problem with your team is, you have to assume your guys can play together and produce as a cohesive unit. You take the bosux players off your team and you basically have a group of guys who have accomplished very little.

#1. Did the Yankees want or go after ARod when he first was a free agent? Why should the best SS in baseball switch positions at that time? Yes, he was considered the best. Jeter did not win 4 world series Jeter and 24 other players did. The Yankees were content with Brosius.

I would really like to know how ARod would prevented the RedSox from winning the pennant.

Each time that Jeter gets a hit that is a statistic. I agree that at times players rise above their usual stats but a guy that is not just a superstar but MVP caliber...how can you knock him?

#2. Please explain how he cost us games 4-7 all by himself. He was one of the big reasons we were up 3-0.

#3. If you want to judge ARod by choice of not coming to the Yankees then...
    Gary Sheffield is not a win player
    Randy Johnson is not a win player

So is Giambi a win player because he left Oakland first chance he got? I guess you would rather have Posada or Williams up there than ARod?

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    That is an element of the WIN METHOD. You MUST want to play for the YANKEES. Arod on 2 occasions was willing and signed for other teams, one was voided and that is how he wound up a YANKEE. He could have been a YANKEE when he originally was a FA, but it was not important to him. Players like that belong on the other teams. And I personally feel if Arod had signed with the bosux they would NOT have won the pennant, and the YANKEES would have #27 already.

This WIN METHOD theory seems like a system based on the past not on the present...would it be better if yogi berra put on a uniform and started playing since he has won more championships than jeter? I mean yes berra WAS a great player but now I don't think he would do much and therefore your system isn't very successful.

How can the win method be successful for prospects who don't have any MLB experience and also how would you be able to use WIN METHOD for the YANKEES? If I was asked to play for the YANKEES i would be happy about it and go since they are the best of the best so i don't see how wanting to play for the yankees(which could be for selfish reasons such as wanting to win a pennant) would make you a WIN METHOD player.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    #1. Did the Yankees want or go after ARod when he first was a free agent? Why should the best SS in baseball switch positions at that time? Yes, he was considered the best. Jeter did not win 4 world series Jeter and 24 other players did. The Yankees were content with Brosius.

I would really like to know how ARod would prevented the RedSox from winning the pennant.

Each time that Jeter gets a hit that is a statistic. I agree that at times players rise above their usual stats but a guy that is not just a superstar but MVP caliber...how can you knock him?

#2. Please explain how he cost us games 4-7 all by himself. He was one of the big reasons we were up 3-0.

#3. If you want to judge ARod by choice of not coming to the Yankees then...
    Gary Sheffield is not a win player
    Randy Johnson is not a win player

So is Giambi a win player because he left Oakland first chance he got? I guess you would rather have Posada or Williams up there than ARod?

#1.The YANKEES sought and I interviewed Arod at the time. He just wanted $$$$. He was not the best ss at that time, Jeter was, and proved it by winning multiple pennants and WS with 24 other guys, while Arod was losing with 24 other guys. Brosius was better, defensively and when it counted. Arod has never equaled that.
    #2.He did not cost us games 4-7 by himself, but ther wouldn't have been all those games if he succeeded at one key point.
    #3.When Shef and RJ where able, and when the YANKEES persued them, they came to the YANKEES. Every WIN METHOD eliglble player is not always persued by the YANKEES for several reasons, at any given time.

Giambi was a WIN METHOD player and the AYNKEES persued him. I would take Posada or Williams any day over Arod when the game is on the line.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24
    This WIN METHOD theory seems like a system based on the past not on the present...would it be better if yogi berra put on a uniform and started playing since he has won more championships than jeter? I mean yes berra WAS a great player but now I don't think he would do much and therefore your system isn't very successful.

How can the win method be successful for prospects who don't have any MLB experience and also how would you be able to use WIN METHOD for the YANKEES? If I was asked to play for the YANKEES i would be happy about it and go since they are the best of the best so i don't see how wanting to play for the yankees(which could be for selfish reasons such as wanting to win a pennant) would make you a WIN METHOD player.
    I agree Yogi would not do much for the YANKEES right now, but I don't think any 80 year old would do much for any team. Sorry, but your thought is non-sensical.
    I don't ask anyone to play for the YANKEES, and the interviewees have no idea that the interview is a screening process. Therefore no one is saying 'the right thing' to get the job.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast