Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joek,

ERA
    Call NASA
    That would make your thought incorrect, illustrated by Cano and Wang.

They'll be gone at the deadline.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

And don't forget Duncan.

Now here is the nasty part of it, they can't really afford to trade either right now. Wang maybe can be traded in a package for another starter, but until Wright is even close to coming back, he is needed in NY. Cano they can NOT trade. They just can't afford to at ALL. If they trade Wang, that means Womack has to go back to playing 2B and Bernie is back in CF. Torre already said that Bernie will not be an everyday player anymore, so unless they get a CF, and I can't think of a really good one available, it just doesn't make sense.

I still disagree with your viewpoint on ARod but I do not see the Yankees being active in the trade deadline this year.

What we are getting in Cano and Wang is such of a plus that I think we ride with it. Some might think that those two and others were or are showcased for the mere point of trade talk.

NewsFlash, No one wants to help us. We do not even have enough bargaining chips to let someone rake over the coals for a decent player imitating a star. I hope we are smart enough not to buy into a "lemon".

ERA
    Call NASA
    Let everyone think "We do not even have enough bargaining chips", but contrary to general opinion, we are loaded with future brilliant players. This is being proven right now. General opinion demeaning the YANKEE farm system has always been wrong, is wrong now, more so than ever. We now have two 'farm' players playing everyday (one in the starting five rotation), with more coming down the road. I can see that Wang may have to go back down, but that is only because of an abundance of riches. If he keeps pitching the way he has, sending him down may be a very hard decision. Just a few words to those YANKEE haters who try to denounce the team and the farm system, those kids out ther wearing pinstripes, aren't statues, they are products of the minor league WIN METHOD system.

Joek, stop being general and try being specific.

MLB ERA
    I've always supported giving Wang and Cano shots over dregs like Kevin Brown and Tony Womack. I just don't tie some grand theory around it.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Joek, stop being general and try being specific.
    Being specific about the future, I leave to fools. How and when a player develops, if they develop is self inherent. However the YANKEE young signees have a great advantage.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    I've always supported giving Wang and Cano shots over dregs like Kevin Brown and Tony Womack. I just don't tie some grand theory around it.
    The fact you suggest Brown and Womack are dregs, in my opinion suggests you know not what you talk about. However, I strongly support your chance to voice your opinion.

The young yankee signees shouldn't be on the team according to your theory...They don't have a world series ring.

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Being specific about the future, I leave to fools. How and when a player develops, if they develop is self inherent. However the YANKEE young signees have a great advantage.

Are you trying to say you're a pussy?

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24
    The young yankee signees shouldn't be on the team according to your theory...They don't have a world series ring.

1. The WIN METHOD is not a theory. It is a working tool.
    2. You are not using common sense. Nothing new with alot of you posters. No young signee has a ring, but signing the right ones can help a team earn rings down the road.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Are you trying to say you're a pussy?
    MMEEOOOWWWWWW! :p

At least you have a sense of humor

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast